Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 47

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1937-38 Super-8 Stromberg EE23 automatic choke linkage.
Just popping in
Just popping in

BillinNC
See User information
I'm looking for the automatic choke linkage that connects the exhaust manifold thermostat to the EE23 carburetor on a 1937-38 Super-8. I've called quite a few of the more popular suppliers, and all of them have replied they have no idea what I'm talking about.
Certainly someone on Packard Information knows what I'm talking about. I'm looking to either purchase the linkage, or if some one could draw a picture of it with dimensions and also indicate what hardware is used to fasten it on both ends, that would be fantastic. If anyone knows the screw size that attaches the thermostat to the manifold, that would be helpful also. I've got to remove the Dorman Products manual choke the previous owner bought at Autozone!

Posted on: 2020/12/19 22:43
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937-38 Super-8 Stromberg EE23 automatic choke linkage.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
This was on here once before, and classic & exotics made one,
https://straight-eight.com/product-category/ee-23/
But they're retired and selling remaining inventory.
This is part. I'd scarf if up quick.

Probably have to call some of the other P parts guys or run an add in the PAC pubs or Hemmings, if no one antes up here. Plus the holiday factor.

Probably can find a picture if you search around enough, but I'm not a prewar-ee. These were not as common as the 97s.

ps: one on Ebay.https://www.ebay.com/itm/254720834412

I have this old Motor manual for pre-war, copied the sections don't know if it helps.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 656.97 KB; Hits: 82

Posted on: 2020/12/20 13:20
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
BillinNC, If you want to PM your e-mail address to me I can get pictures of the linkage and installation tomorrow.

I have been unable to post any pics on this site for quite a while, but I can e-mail them.

The link to straight-eight.com shows the pump check valve for the EE23 I have been looking for. I just ordered it from them, thanks Fish'n Jim.

Jim/KB1MCV

Posted on: 2020/12/20 20:17
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

BillinNC
See User information
Thanks for your input Jim, I really appreciate it!
Yes, I've looked at Straight-eight.com before. That is the thermostat return spring on the carb. I have that. What I need is the linkage that runs from that part of the carb to the thermostat on the exhaust manifold. It's a rod with some bends in it, with a right angle on each end, with a hole drilled in each end. The EE23 carb that is for sale on EBay right now does not have the linkage I need.
But again, thank you!

Posted on: 2020/12/20 22:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you haven't already inquired of them, many of the various Packard carburetor linkages and kits are reproduced by Packard Twinsix (Packardtwelve.com)

Posted on: 2020/12/20 22:32
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

BillinNC
See User information
Hello Owen,
Packardtwelve.com doesn't make the '37-'38 Stromberg EE23 linkage, but good suggestion.
Thank you, Bill

Posted on: 2020/12/20 22:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Monday Morning...Packards Southwest has lots of bits and Pieces in San Diego...619-726-4605...might be worth a phone call....might also speak with Custom Auto in Santa Ana, California...714-543-2970. Robert Escalente is a great guy...all they do is Packard Restoration and Maintenance...they might even make you what you need from scratch...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/12/21 9:45
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

BillinNC
See User information
Thanks a lot Ernie, never heard of these guys. They sound like great resources. It seems like there is a much better chance of me getting what I need on the west coast.
Merry Christmas!
Bill

Posted on: 2020/12/21 11:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning agian...One more to consider would be Tucson Packard in Arizona 520-730-2246. They also have quite a collection of parts and pieces...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/12/21 11:56
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
Bill, if the choke thermostat on your S-8 is is located in the same place on your exhaust manifold, I can remove my (39 Super Eight) choke actuating link and measure/ photograph it.

It should present no problem to manufacture one.

I don't know what the clips that retain the thermostat-to-choke link rod are called but I've seen them on other carb and choke linkages on other cars besides prewar Packards.

Posted on: 2020/12/21 12:00
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved