Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard run Sunday 9th September
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Went on a run today with the Packard Automobile Club Australia. Although the weather looked threatening to start, it cleared to a lovely spring day here down under.

The run was organized by Noel, one of the club members - his is the '39 120 Sedan.

Run started from the McDonald's car park at San Souci then after refreshments proceeded to the National Park at Kurnell, Botany Bay, the site where Captain James Cook landed in 1770 in his voyage of discovery being the first Europeans to sail the east coast of Australia.

Anyway, enough of the history lesson, there is a link below to some photo's of the cars, only 5, which went today.

Note - the red '37 Super 8 only arrived in Australia 2 weeks ago from the US.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ozstatman/NoelSRun9thSeptember2007

Posted on: 2007/9/9 4:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard run Sunday 9th September
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Mal
Sounds like a good run, and a nice presentation. Don't stop and the history lesson was great too.
Has your new Packard arrived yet?
Ron Ferguson

Posted on: 2007/9/9 10:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Ron,

It was very enjoyable yesterday, good weather, good cars and good company in a very pleasant setting. When we were at the visitor and information centre where there were displayed artifacts and information on the James Cook voyage a number of people commented it was like being back at school again!

About the '41 Coupe - It's still on it's way, though getting closer, with it due to arrive @ Newcastle about 20-25th September. When it does arrive, and after I pick it up, I'll post another update on the Project Blog complete with pictures.

What about yourself - how's the '40 running now?

Posted on: 2007/9/9 15:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Mal
You must have used the same company I did. It took almost 6 weeks to get my 40 from Ohio to California last winter. I was sure they used sled dogs. Tell them to row a little faster. Hahahahahaa
Ron F.

Posted on: 2007/9/10 12:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Mal, nice photos. Looked like a real nice day for the Packards.

Posted on: 2007/9/10 19:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
MAL: Thanks for the private pm and the link. I like the pictures from the Sunday Packard run.

Onething that greatly interests me is the importation of your 37 Super8. How long did it take to ship the Packard over to your country. Was the Packard put into a container for shipping, and what did you have to do to unpack your new baby. Please give us details on the importation process of bringing a car into your country.

THANKS

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/9/10 20:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Mal, Thanks for sharing! Lovely cars!

Posted on: 2007/9/10 20:06
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

Unfortunately the '37 Super Eight is not mine but belongs to Wade, another member of the club. It is a very very nice car! Wade saw it for sale on eBay about 3 months ago and bid and won it.

As for the import process, if you have a look at my Project Blog, about the '41 Coupe I bought on eBay, I think that covers what and how and how long.

To all - Thanks for the kind words, and as various Packard or automotive events take place here I'll try and photo them and add comments as required.

PS - There is a picture of Wade's '34 RHD chassis in Packard Pictures on this Forum. The story there being that Wade is also restoring a '34 Sedan and that a couple of years ago the body, while waiting to be painted in a paint shop on the southern outskirts of Sydney way across town, was destroyed by one our largest summer bushfires ever. Since then Wade found another '34 of the same model in the US and the body he got from that is now at the paint stage. The Chassis from the US body is presently sitting next to the restored chassis and the difference is remarkable (Next time I'm in his workshop will try and photo them together). So now Wade will shortly have 3 Packards on the road (he already has a '37 120 Daily Driver - literally)!

Posted on: 2007/9/11 4:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved