Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 35 »

Re: Vacation Car - 56 Patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I'm not sure, but I would like to see what you have.
Thank you

Posted on: 2020/10/31 8:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Maybe this will help and I have a larger version too if this is too small. It doesn't show the details at the firewall but it shows everything up to it. It's possible I have others too but haven't located them.

Attach file:

jpeg  (157.44 KB)
60923_5f9db07fcf642.jpeg 1280X958 px

Posted on: 2020/10/31 13:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Thank you
This linkage is for an automatic not a standard shift.
Was there an engine attached to the standard overdrive transmission?

Posted on: 2020/10/31 14:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Sorry, I saw only that you were looking for an image of the linkages, not that it was for a stick. I've never had a V8 Packard or Clipper with manual transmission so can't help but I can't image that there was any engine connection. I know my earlier ones had none but those were different transmissions. However, the throttle rod to the Ultramatic was there to tell the transmission the throttle position and there would not have been such a need on a stick.

Posted on: 2020/10/31 14:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CarFreak
See User information
Quote:

Let the ride decide wrote:
Thank you
This linkage is for an automatic not a standard shift.
Was there an engine attached to the standard overdrive transmission?

are you asking for the throttle linkage? or the shift linkage?

are you looking for the mounting points of the linkage? or lengths?

There was no engine in the car when I brought it over. It was removed after a couple road tests back in the 90s

Posted on: 2020/11/2 10:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Car freak,
No motor in the car that had the standard overdrive transmission installed explains it for me.

The linkage from the carburetor to the firewall is different for standard, standard overdrive, and automatic transmission as well as 55 vrs 56.

I wanted to see if you had the standard overdrive linkage on the engine that was attached to the standard overdrive transmission.

Thank you for the picture.

Posted on: 2020/11/2 12:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CarFreak
See User information
So it has been awhile, but I was able to get some work done to the patrician this go around.

I put the rear end of the car up in the air to start getting the underside painted. Always hated this part. But only tried to get the bare metal painted. Skipped the rear end since I need to heavily degrease that, and it has to get new bushings on it as well. So when that happens would probably be a good time to get that painted.

I started to sand the firewall as well. I was informed by a body guy that in order to get a decent paint job done with base-clear coat that all the lacquer paint should be removed. Following the current by hand method If I were to do the firewall, door jams and trunk jam, it would take me all year given the amount of time I am currently able to dedicate to this at it present location. So I think I came up with a better way to get those areas stripped of paint.

Given the goal of the project. I would like to get the car to the moving under its own power phase so that I can bring it out to Pittsburgh to dedicate more time to it. So stay tuned.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0162.jpg (374.04 KB)
203788_60215bce099ee.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  IMG_0163.jpg (283.21 KB)
203788_60215bd77dfab.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/2/8 10:42
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
i have a 55 clipper constellation with a std od ,but right now its covered with junk and be a while before i can get it cleaned off to open the hood , on that firewall just sand it, prime it ,and sand it smooth and just paint it

Posted on: 2021/2/8 21:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CarFreak
See User information
I found a company that makes the brake lines for these vehicles:

https://classictube.com/product/packard-400-brake-line-kit-127-wheelbase-19551956-2/

anyone try them before?

Posted on: 2021/2/9 9:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, I use them all the time and have even assisted them in adding to their patterns. The online catalog is limited so if you need something and don’t see it, ask them. I have referred them on these pages many times.

Posted on: 2021/2/9 12:48
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved