Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1952 packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ammiller83
See User information
Does this all look normal?

Attach file:

jpeg  (204.79 KB)
23972_5c7c7485e9173.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/3/3 19:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Looks like a slight leak from the wheel cylinder . The brake lining thickness looks good. If I were you I would call Mr. Miller. You also need a service manual if you don't have one!!!! Good luck

Posted on: 2019/3/3 20:20
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ammiller83
See User information
Would auto parts store have brake parts for packards?

Posted on: 2019/3/6 21:50
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Napa and most other parts stores should have or can get wheel cylinder kits which consists of the internal parts --rubber piston cups, springs, and end caps and should also be able to get the rubber hoses if you need those. If the cylinder is pitted enough that it cannot be cleaned up by light honing and needs to be replaced then they may not have a direct fit cylinder that would just bolt in. The threads for the hose or tubing connections could be an issue with cylinders available today and may need some kind of adapter particularly if you are needing to replace the rear cylinders.

You should make sure of the cylinder diameter you have in the car when you go in to buy kits as the cylinders may have been changed to a different size over the years and may no longer be what the book calls for.

Posted on: 2019/3/6 22:24
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Also, if purchasing from Napa or other local store, be sure to get the copper washers for the hoses as they often do not come with the hose these days. When I bought their hoses for my 1965 Cadillac, they insisted that it didn't need washers even though I knew that it did.

Posted on: 2019/3/6 22:37
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ammiller83
See User information
What can i use to connect the vents in the engine bay to the inside of the car?

Posted on: 2021/2/10 17:39
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The major vendors Max Merritt, Kanter and Dwight Heinmuller and maybe others have the correct 5" diameter flexible black fabric wrapped duct material. Here is Max's offering.

Posted on: 2021/2/10 17:49
Howard
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved