Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 153

Ozstatman, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 52 53 54 (55) 56 57 58 ... 144 »

Re: KPack's 1954 Panama
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I can't believe they would ship it with so little packing around it. Very disappointing.
John

Posted on: 2021/2/18 9:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information

Posted on: 2021/2/18 17:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
https://www.sandersreproglass.com/inventory/

Scanning down the page he shows windshield for a Packard Panama. Might be worth contacting.

Posted on: 2021/2/18 17:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Thanks for the links John. I've contacted both before and they do not have them. Bob's gets their supply from Auto City Classic, which stopped making the repro windshields for my car years ago. Sanders only has the flat glass.

Against all odds I have a lead on one more windshield (thanks flackmaster). Still waiting to hear back from Tucson though before I make any moves.

***Just talked with Mike at Tucson and we're getting it straightened out. He apparently does have another windshield in stock and will pack differently and ship again. So maybe my glass situation isn't as hopeless as I feared. At least I have options again.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/2/18 18:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information

Posted on: 2021/2/18 22:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
I bought a new windshield for my '57 Chevy pickup from LMC Trucks. It was encased in spray foam and the box marked "Fragile Glass". Came from Kansas to Florida undamaged. Who ever packed it needed to make it good. Should have been fully insured. Unfortunately, doesn't help finding a replacement!

Posted on: 2021/2/19 9:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Gerry - That is good information, thanks for sharing. Looking at the doorbell cam, it looks like FedEx was the shipper. They dropped it off and took off. No paperwork. I don't know how difficult it will be for Tucson to seek reimbursement. I documented the state of the windshield immediately upon opening the crate and have not moved anything since, in case the shipper needs to see it.

Joe - Someone else mentioned that Auto City Classic would ship their repro windshields like that, encased in spray foam. It must work decently well. Did your Chevy windshield go on freight or did it go by one of the more common carriers?

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/2/19 10:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I've done the spray foam packing method on fragile items too - messy but works well. Find out where a spray foam contractor is spraying and have them encase in open cell foam...the closed cell is too rigid.

Posted on: 2021/2/19 22:09
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
That's great advice, thanks. I've been doing a lot of reading, and the spray foam seems to be what a lot of guys end up doing. I'll talk to Mike and see if we can find a solution.

I toyed with the idea of driving down to pick up the replacement myself, but I won't be able to get away from work. I'm booked for weeks. It's 22 hours one way and I just can't take time off to do it.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/2/19 23:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon Kevin...I wonder what Uber would charge you. Might not be much more than the crate, Insurance and shipping...Just an idea...I have an ex son in law in Phoenix that drives for them...How many miles to your house from Tucson Packard? Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2021/2/20 17:33
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 52 53 54 (55) 56 57 58 ... 144 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved