Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
55 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Transmission leak on my 1950 Packard 8 (ultramafic)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ray Allegrezza
See User information
Advice alert..and you guys have never let me down...ok. so my 50 Packard 8(Ultramafic transmission) began leaking tranny fluid. My mechanic had me buy front and real seals, dropped the tranny, replaced the seals and said the bushing looked great. (I was told the tranny had been rebuilt by the guy I bought the car from). It was great for a few days, dry as a bone and the other day, after a 20 minute drive, I noticed a small puddle of tranny fluid again. Called the mechanic and he thinks it may be the hub gaskets to the torque converter and wants me to get them and he will try it again. One thing I must mention. he said when he opened the tranny, there was a lot of fluid sloshing around the bottom of the case, so he drilled a small weep hole in the bottom of the tranny case. Thoughts? thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2021/2/25 7:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Transmission leak on my 1950 Packard 8 (ultramafic)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ray Allegrezza
See User information
figured it out. sorry if the question seemed foolish.

Posted on: 2021/3/20 5:38
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved