Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 109

JW49, CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Ole
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Phil,

Don't know if I'll be able to help. Although, co-incidently this week, I've been talking with a former member of our club from Sydney who had a '56 Clipper Hardtop with 352 and pushbutton. A pic is attached below, it looks similar to yours. Story is he sold it at Auction(Shannons) in 1999. A dealer in Victoria bought it and had it for a couple of years at double the price paid at the auction. A young guy in Vic bought off him. That's all I know at the moment. I'm seeing the former club member on Saturday, Aussie time, so may be able to find out more then. If you've got the VN/Engine numbers he "may" be able to verify if it's his former Clipper.

Attach file:

jpg  JG's 56 Clipper.jpg (144.48 KB)
226_6049dabbf0826.jpg 1020X667 px

Posted on: 2021/3/11 3:55
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil_78
See User information
WOW! I bought mine from the Melbourne area. I be suprised if it wasn't mine as so few came to Australia. The build number is 2435 (i'll post a pic). Also it is a 57 interior code. This code is suppose to be yellow vinyl and black cloth. But only the door/side trim is black cloth. The black parts on the seats are all vinyl. Keep me posted! Would be great to learn some history on it! Thanks!

Attach file:

jpg  tag.jpg (137.31 KB)
224796_6049dfa888fb1.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/3/11 4:15
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil_78
See User information
I just remembered, the bloke I bought it off, (a nice old man named Brian) mentioned that some dealer had it for sale for a ridiculous amount back in the day. He (Brian) has had it since 2007. So this all seems to line up. I'm guessing he bought it off the young bloke.

Posted on: 2021/3/11 4:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Phil_78 wrote:
WOW! I bought mine from the Melbourne area. I be suprised if it wasn't mine as so few came to Australia. The build number is 2435 (i'll post a pic). Also it is a 57 interior code. This code is suppose to be yellow vinyl and black cloth. But only the door/side trim is black cloth. The black parts on the seats are all vinyl. Keep me posted! Would be great to learn some history on it! Thanks!

OK, I'm confused (which is not uncommon ).......Phil_78, did you purchase Ole's Packard? I thought his was an Executive?

Posted on: 2021/3/11 8:41
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil_78
See User information
Hi, I appoligise as i've hijacked this thread. Originally, I was asking about the trim codes on Ole's Executive but it morphed into a conversation about my Custom. Maybe I could move it to a new thread topic?

Posted on: 2021/3/11 15:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
I'm guilty too of taking this thread by responding when Phil posted photos of his Clipper. Sorry

Posted on: 2021/3/11 16:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Still I saw John, the guy who had a Clipper similar to yours from the mid 70's to end of the last century, this morning and he thinks it may be the same car. Now he's trying to find some paperwork to confirm if it is or not. Will update one way or the other, but it probably won't be until later next week.

Posted on: 2021/3/12 20:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil_78
See User information
Awesome! Would be great to know. And if it is the same car it would be good to get into contact with him! Thanks again, Phil

Posted on: 2021/3/13 5:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Phil_78 wrote:
Hi, I appoligise as i've hijacked this thread. Originally, I was asking about the trim codes on Ole's Executive but it morphed into a conversation about my Custom. Maybe I could move it to a new thread topic?

Phil, my questions weren't meant to be anything about hijacking, sorry if it sounded that way!

Posted on: 2021/3/14 8:18
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil_78
See User information
All good! 😁

Posted on: 2021/3/22 2:09
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved