Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 175

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Eva Peron parade Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
I found a pic of Eva Peron's 1939 Parada Packard.

Attach file:

jpg  1939_packard_super_8_phaeton_owned_by_evita_peron_by_partywave_d604t7i-fullview.jpg (118.83 KB)
57744_606fdeb40460d.jpg 1024X769 px

Posted on: 2021/4/8 23:57
 Top  Print 

Re: Eva Peron parade Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Garrett Meadows wrote:
I found a pic of Eva Peron's 1939 Parada Packard.

This Packard was once in the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, California. But that was in the times before they added the weird psychedelic exterior, changed the theme, added foreign cars, and gutted the old displays. This photo appears to have been taken on the first floor at the old street scene that simulated prewar L.A.

No idea if this Packard is still there or how it is displayed now if it is. Dare I say, I loved the museum the way it was...

Posted on: 2021/4/9 8:50
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ricky Dillinger
See User information
I liked it better before as well. That new building is freakish. Even if the car is not on display. It may still be down in the basement. There are a whole lot of extremely nice cars down there.

Posted on: 2021/4/10 13:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Garrett (Garrett Meadows), a good looking Packard, no doubt. Years ago it was on display at the Petersen Museum as Eva Peron's parade Packard. But we were -> anything but sure to agree.

Posted on: 2021/4/11 14:53
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Guscha,

I went back and read the old thread extensively. I see where you had contacted the curator of the Petersen Museum and wanted to hand off the communication with him to someone 'over here'. Do you know if that ever happened? The 'evidence' would almost certainly show this car to be 'other than' the Argentinian Peron RHD vehicle. Beautiful car nonetheless, but historically misrepresented. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/4/11 20:08
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All,

The thread that Guscha posted about the Juan / Evita Peron car was dated 2013. Maybe it is time for an update.

This article, dated October 9, 2017, cites the car (LHD) was put up for auction by Carol Plaster, widow of Ray Plaster of Bull Shoals, Arkansas. Also notes the car was the subject of an article in The Packard Cormorant in 2004.https://journal.classiccars.com/2017/10/09/former-peron-packard-parade-car-going-to-auction/

This undated listed (assumed to be post 2017) show the same (Plaster) car on consignment and later sold by Mark Hyman of St. Louis. It gives more detail about provenance, but no sales price.https://hymanltd.com/vehicles/6312-1939-packard-super-eight-phaeton/

Hope this is helpful.

Posted on: 2021/4/11 20:33
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
I went back and read the old thread extensively. I see where you had contacted the curator of the Petersen Museum and wanted to hand off the communication with him to someone 'over here'. Do you know if that ever happened?...

Chris (Packard Newbie), I don't know but am afraid that my request went unheard. Since then I wait next to my telephone ...

Posted on: 2021/4/12 4:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Roger (RogerDetroit), thanks for the update. I would love to visit the black beauty.

Quote:
This article, dated October 9, 2017, cites the car (LHD)...
Roger, LHD? Please recheck.

With a probability bordering on certainty it is different from the yellow LHD-car shown above. -> This way, please to see both of them.

Posted on: 2021/4/12 4:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yes, that 'LHD' confused me too Guscha. In one of the aticles in the original post on all of this, there was a picture of Ray Plaster driving the car and he was definitely sitting on the right hand side. I guess there have been conversions over the years from RHD to LHD (and vice- versa) but it would sure not make any sense with this car, as it would corrupt the legacy and provenance of the vehicle's history - it's most important asset. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/4/12 23:57
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved