Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need help identifying
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Ok on a ‘49 .. in the Kanter book they sell the hood bumper rubber kit . They show some “square” looking things . Where do they go ? I have these square things but can’t place where they go ?

5:53 pm
Ok update here are the pics of what I have , obviously they aren’t what I thought but I assume they came from the front of the car because it’s partially dissembled .

Attach file:

jpeg  7F4957E5-46A3-4E69-993C-1D04355E91A3.jpeg (9.77 KB)
224913_608dcdf2143d7.jpeg 320X240 px

Posted on: 2021/5/1 9:39
 Top  Print 

Re: Need help identifying
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Are these the square pieces you mean? If so they go on the fenders -- each side -- and are cushions to protect the paint on the hood edges and top of fender when hood is raised. Don't remember if there are two or three per side. If not the pieces or what you have is different then maybe post a photo of the pieces you are asking about.

Attach file:

jpg  22-23 series.jpg (194.35 KB)
209_608d700beea78.jpg 1920X1315 px

Posted on: 2021/5/1 10:13
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Yup I bet they are , I’ll have to check but they sure look like it ..... thanks !!

Posted on: 2021/5/1 10:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
wh76; The custom take 6 and other models 4 they support the hood when open. My point is they are rubber covered metal and the metal will cut through the rubber and damage your paint. I have contacted Steele Rubber and gone round and round about the defective reproduction of this part, to the point of having one of their employees hand inspect the bumpers and ship only ones that the metal can not be felt under the rubber. Hopefully they have corrected the production of the bumper, if you can feel the shape edge of the metal call and return for one that is correctly produced before your paint is damaged. Dell

Posted on: 2021/5/1 12:13

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Well no there is no metal here , nor rubber .... more of a thick paper/cloth . Possibly a different part . I’ll post pics of what I have later .

Posted on: 2021/5/1 13:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Paper pads go between front seat support and floor board.

Posted on: 2021/5/2 0:23

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Thank you !

Posted on: 2021/5/2 8:01
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved