Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: 1955 Packard coupe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

cortes121
See User information
If you look at the poster's history, he posted an actual photo of the car when he first listed it 2 weeks ago. Probably got no offers, so he posted photos when the car actually looked decent. It is disingenuous at best, IMO.

See the photo attached.

Attach file:

jpg  1955ConstellationClipper.jpg (98.45 KB)
222607_60a80c23b5ac6.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2021/5/21 14:38
- Anthony

1955 Packard Clipper Custom
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
So, if I post a picture of my for sale Packard and another one of me holding a kitten with a .45 to its head and the caption "buy my car or the cat gets it," what then?

Ads like this make you wonder if there's really a car. Do you think that algore foresaw this when he invented the intrawebz???

ETA: I've responded to two ads on Packard Club and can't get a response to save my bacon. Hypothetical question: what's the point in posting an ad where you won't/don't answer the respondees???

Posted on: 2021/5/21 16:28
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Wow, that car looks pretty rough now. My guess is those other pictures were taken years ago.

Regarding the Packard Club ads, I wonder if it has anything to do with the website? I'm a member of the club and love getting the newsletters and magazines, but their website is um....not great. I personally think the whole thing could use a redesign from the top to bottom. It could be that the people placing the ads aren't getting notified because of website problems.

Or maybe the posters of ads don't really want to sell their cars.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/5/21 17:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The local NorCal regional PAC website is great but the national club’s site is abysmal at best with ads that are insecure where addresses are easily found and scammed. As a Web programmer, I find that unconscionable! I realize that it’s run by volunteers but some should take a good hard look to put a better face on what is otherwise a fine club. I’m the one who created the background image that is on (or one very much like it) it but that was decades ago!

Posted on: 2021/5/21 18:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The local NorCal regional PAC website is great but the national club’s site is abysmal at best with ads that are insecure where addresses are easily found and scammed. As a Web programmer, I find that unconscionable! I realize that it’s run by volunteers but someone should take a good hard look to put a better face on what is otherwise a fine club. I’m the one who created the background image that is on (or one very much like it) it but that was a couple decades ago!

Posted on: 2021/5/21 18:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Yeah, okay, and thanks. I was wondering if the website sucked, and if so, that would explain a very great deal.

I wonder if anyone reads their bulletin board and if a thread on it about getting responses would actually generate what I want, which is the simple courtesy of a reply. But they cannot reply to messages that never arrive or cannot be seen.

Posted on: 2021/5/22 5:41
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

cortes121
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
Yeah, okay, and thanks. I was wondering if the website sucked, and if so, that would explain a very great deal.

I wonder if anyone reads their bulletin board and if a thread on it about getting responses would actually generate what I want, which is the simple courtesy of a reply. But they cannot reply to messages that never arrive or cannot be seen.

I sometimes feel a lot of those ads are guys putting out feelers to get validation on what they think their car is worth. I've been around car clubs my whole life, various makes and models. There's always a subset of people who have a their car perpetually "for sale" but at an asking price they know is too high so they know no one will go for it or they post ads just to get the validation in people showing interest, but not ever super motivated to sell.

Posted on: 2021/5/22 11:53
- Anthony

1955 Packard Clipper Custom
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

cortes121 wrote:
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:

I sometimes feel a lot of those ads are guys putting out feelers to get validation on what they think their car is worth. I've been around car clubs my whole life, various makes and models. There's always a subset of people who have a their car perpetually "for sale" but at an asking price they know is too high so they know no one will go for it or they post ads just to get the validation in people showing interest, but not ever super motivated to sell.

I know what you mean, and I think I have seen that kind, too. Maybe they figure that if some knucklehead (not the Harley-Davidson) makes them an offer close to asking, they'll take it and make a killing. Maybe.

I don't think these ads on the other site are like that. One is too inexpensive.

I thought I had something else clever to add, but it seems to have slipped out of what's left (passes for) my mind.

Posted on: 2021/5/22 19:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve Henderson
See User information
"No Title" can be a problem in Indiana (experience talking).

Posted on: 2021/6/2 3:37
Steve in Indiana

1949 Deluxe Eight Sedan
1955 400 Hardtop
1956 400 Hardtop
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Packard Don, I think there were some internal political reasons why the website was left untouched. Now, some new folks are being installed in that area of the PAC organization, and their intent is to remedy the 1997-ish look of the website. How soon it can happen though is anyone's guess.

Posted on: 2021/6/2 19:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved