Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

22nd Series 1948 Egyptian Sand modern paint equivalent
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pcyco13
See User information
Hello Again Fellow Packardites,

I'm searching for a cross reference for a modern paint code for Egyptian Sand and Aztec Brown.
My Touring Sedan's paint is so faded out that I don't have a proper sample to use to color match. Any suggestions?

Posted on: 2021/3/26 9:36
 Top  Print 

Re: 22nd Series 1948 Egyptian Sand modern paint equivalent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Call TCP Global. www.tcpglobal.com
The paint codes are on the Ditzler chip board on this site and there's. They can probably match/come up with something something. The other way is go to a body shop that's PPG or Axalta certified they can go into the archive and call up the formulas. They used to let everyone, but they got greedy a few years back. May have to take acrylic enamel or urethane in this environment. Expect to spend a fair amount for the paint and reducer for one car.

Posted on: 2021/3/27 19:22
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pcyco13
See User information
Thanks

Posted on: 2021/3/29 12:18
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Kapn
See User information
Did you find it yet? My father painted his 48 station sedan with the Egyptian Sand. Somewhere we might still have a partial can and I could get the code off of it.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 20:42
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pcyco13
See User information
I haven't been actively searching. I don't need it right away, but thanks for offering the paint code!

Posted on: 2021/7/2 11:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
As stated above, TCP Global has the 1948 Packard Color Chart in their library. Order your paint from them and they will pull the chart and match to it.

Their brand of paint is of high quality. While they cannot tell you whose paint they use they last time I used it it was PPG. I used all their paint products (primer, base, clear coat, etc.) on the '32 901 I restored. Price and quality wise it is hard to beat. The color we selected for the 901 matches a 1931 Dodge and since you could order a Packard from the factory in primer and have it painted the color of your choice it meets any judging criteria.

Posted on: 2021/7/5 9:13
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved