Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 399 400 401 (402) 403 404 405 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
Yeah, from what I've seen a $10,000 USD bathtub sedan ought to be driving and without a litany of cosmetic issues like this one.

I think I've seen that green coupe before. Shouldn't it have wood graining over the full interior?

Posted on: 2021/7/11 14:51
Alberta - Canada
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I noticed the late-model inline fuel filter on the underside, in the middle of the neoprene gas line.

Just because the body has been off'n the frame . . . . :rolleyes:

Posted on: 2021/7/11 15:12
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
I noticed the late-model inline fuel filter on the underside, in the middle of the neoprene gas line.

Just because the body has been off'n the frame . . . . :rolleyes:

Looks like they installed an electric fuel pump back by the tank. So having the filter between the tank and the pump makes sense. I think that's how most guys set it up if they are doing an electric auxiliary pump.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/7/11 15:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

kevinpackard wrote:

Looks like they installed an electric fuel pump back by the tank. So having the filter between the tank and the pump makes sense. I think that's how most guys set it up if they are doing an electric auxiliary pump.

-Kevin

I think that I take umbrage more with the neoprene lines than the fuel pump or filter. They start to leak at some point, and I think that they're unsafe as a general rule. I might use a piece under the hood where I'm going to be looking regularly, but I remember all the Fords that used to burn down back in the 60s and 70s, and they had a piece between the pump and the carb.

I think I'd even do a piece of copper first. At least it's hard-piped.

Posted on: 2021/7/12 4:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:

Mechagon wrote:
... Shouldn't it have wood graining over the full interior?

No. The car was restored with the 'Multi-Tone' option. There were three color schemes that included matching plastic, paint and upholstery in Green, Blue or Brown. Here's the sales brochure rendition (brown option).

Attach file:

jpg  multi-tone.JPG (41.71 KB)
188_60ec35c23a0ed.jpg 478X281 px

Posted on: 2021/7/12 7:31
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I love those custom Packards like yours. As far as the gear shift sticking if you look in the manual you see there's a very specific routine for lubricating the shift linkage. I think the handy shift that Packard put out got a bad reputation because the shifting mechanism does require maintenance and no one ever thinks to do it.
My car had a bad pinion bearing so we took out the carrier and I just replaced every bearing in the carrier because I wanted to get it ready for another 73 years!

Posted on: 2021/7/12 9:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
If those fuel hoses are high pressure fuel injection they will hold up, but the work is very sloppy. Only two inches of hose is required for each junction. As well, the topside and interior looks great, but the underside looks like it was painted with a spray can in the dark while drunk.

With all of that effort why not include Econo-Drive? The VIN plate looks like crap as well.

Posted on: 2021/7/12 15:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

Tim Cole wrote:
If those fuel hoses are high pressure fuel injection they will hold up, but the work is very sloppy. Only two inches of hose is required for each junction. As well, the topside and interior looks great, but the underside looks like it was painted with a spray can in the dark while drunk.

With all of that effort why not include Econo-Drive? The VIN plate looks like crap as well.

Great description!!!!

*applause*

Posted on: 2021/7/12 21:01
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Duncan Michael
See User information

Posted on: 2021/7/13 5:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Nice 110 and is a later model as represented by the wheel cover and bumper types. Earlier 110s had script covers (the Packard name in script through the center) and had squished bumper ends although the changes to the later type were probably not done together so there are likely cars with overlap. The trunk emblem also changed on later models from Fleur-de-Lis to one with a Packard grille design. Somewhere I think I have one of those center grille guards too!

Posted on: 2021/7/13 13:25
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 399 400 401 (402) 403 404 405 ... 498 »

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved