Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
40 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 39

chevyboy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 39 »

Re: A Tale of Two Patricians
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
I thought I remembered a difference in finish. Clipper letters are white and match the speedo, senior sector appears to be gold although it is interesting the speedo looks like it has silver letters. Guess the next question might be is the gold on the sector letters actually silver or maybe the speedo was gold that faded.

Thank you to those who’ve replied. On the linked photos, I have those and they may work as a general reference but probably not good enough to use for a reproduction.

Howard, to your point, there were five different indicators. The non-Gear Start juniors were white from 1951-1954 and the seniors were silver from 1953-1954. The Gear Start were the same two colors. There was a fifth for 1951-1952 senior that I would like to see too if I can locate one and it might be the gold you’d thinking of. Does anyone have a spare?

Posted on: 2021/8/9 22:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Don,
Do the blueprints exist for what your trying to reproduce?

Posted on: 2021/8/10 12:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I wrote about them a week ago but so far have gotten no reply so I don’t know yet if they exist or not. A sample, though, would work better for reproducing them than a drawing although I’ll try to get it if it exists.

Posted on: 2021/8/10 14:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Have just found a 54 Patty with GS. The car is very rough and I will be parting it. The GS is spoken for.

This a very interesting car in that it came through with a full leather interior in dark blue and pale grey--sadly that is all shredded almost past recognition.

The serial of the LAST 54 Patrician would be 4760.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0887 (2).JPG (159.46 KB)
618_6119be14a70c4.jpg 1920X901 px

jpg  IMG_0888 (2).JPG (128.22 KB)
618_6119be861ea66.jpg 1920X802 px

Posted on: 2021/8/15 20:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Ross, thank you! That’s the clearest photo so far! Do you think that the new owner would loan it to me if I offer them a new one with it’s return?

Posted on: 2021/8/16 0:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And if borrowing the plate is not possible maybe place it on a scanner along with a couple of small rulers or machinist scales for reference. Making a scan then printing an actual size color print of the scan might help.

Posted on: 2021/8/16 12:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, that’s true and would help a lot but for duplicating it exactly, having the physical one is best. No rulers needed for a copy as I know what size it should be and can print it to whatever scale is needed to get it exact.

Posted on: 2021/8/16 12:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I just came across this old Art Shot photo of the wheel of the Patrician while being driven many years ago. Presumably a passenger took the photo! As a vintage Polaroid collector, nearly all the old photos I have were taken on one or another of them and this particular one was a Polacolor type 108 film.

Attach file:

jpeg  8F2827FA-1EFD-4D4D-BBBC-0E728E8ECD65.jpeg (185.44 KB)
60923_6122e5321ab18.jpeg 1920X1488 px

Posted on: 2021/8/22 19:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Will probably be a week or so before I get the car.

Posted on: 2021/8/22 19:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Pardon?

Posted on: 2021/8/22 19:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 39 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved