Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring schematic for 1941 Super-8
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Pippo
See User information
I need to replace the wiring harness for a 1942 super 8. I have the harness, just need a guidebook to show me where things go

Posted on: 2021/8/9 12:40
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring schematic for 1941 Super-8
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a poor copy of the factory diagram on site which you can download -- but the print identifying the wires is rather blurred so maybe not much help. If the new loom you have uses the original Packard numbers it might give a guideline as to where in the general direction individual wires would go and there may be enough detail you can see the basic loom layout.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/wirediagrams/1941%2019th%20Series%20Non-Clipper.pdf

There is an aftermarket A.E.A diagram at the PAC site. Those are generally easier to follow since they show actual wire runs but do not give as much info for the loom layouts the factory drawing provides.https://www.packardclub.org/wiring/1941wiring-su8cyl.JPG

Posted on: 2021/8/9 13:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Pippo
See User information
Thanks again Howard

Posted on: 2021/8/12 8:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
If you purchase a harness from one of the long time reputable sellers you should get a diagram and all of the wire ends labeled.

Posted on: 2021/8/12 9:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
If you go on line to Kwik Wire ….they offer color coded wiring diagrams in large dimension that are plastic laminated.
I think the price is around $30 but the larger size,and especially the plastic lamination really comes in handy. Avoids getting your service manual all greasy ….land the larger size and color makes tracing a lot easier.
I have purchased one for all of my old cars.

Posted on: 2021/8/12 19:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved