Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Super-8 Door panels and arm rests
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Pippo
See User information
Are there aftermarket manufacturers for door panels and arm rests for this car?

Posted on: 2021/8/9 12:20
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 Super-8 Door panels and arm rests
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the panels are just sewn then a local upholstery shop might be able to order a correct fabric and do a credible job. If not, about the only national company I can think of that has the expertise and may have NOS materials who MIGHT be willing to do them to factory spec would be SMS in Oregon. Downside is for door panels it would probably be an item they have no patterns for and would require the old to copy.

Don't know much about the 41 panels but they have repro'd some 50s panels with the heat embossed patterns and the metallic strip overlays to perfection.

Posted on: 2021/8/9 13:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Pippo
See User information
Thanks Howard,
I'll see what they can do

Posted on: 2021/8/12 8:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Looks like you are in Austin, Texas should be many old school upholsters find a couple and along with a bid get references from previous automotive customers. Some of the stitching, if I remember correctly, may require what, I think, is blind stitching which requires a special machine if I remember correctly?

Posted on: 2021/8/12 9:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Mine are pretty simple, just some stitching, plain cloth, but I can't say 100% that the pattern is original

Posted on: 2021/8/12 16:07
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved