Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

NEED BRAKE SHOES FOR 37 115C convertible
Just popping in
Just popping in

smack
See User information
Hello all,
I have a 1937 115C convertible and am looking to replace my front and rear break shoes. I would like to buy new rather than reline the existing.
My question is ~ Is there anybody besides Kanter Bro. that sells them?

Many thanks!
Steve

Posted on: 2021/8/11 8:51
 Top  Print   

Re: NEED BRAKE SHOES FOR 37 115C convertible
Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
Chreck NAPA I found the wheel cylinders and flex lines in stock at the local store.
Not sure abuot the shoes.

Posted on: 2021/8/11 23:04
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day smack,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '37 115C Convertible in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2021/8/12 0:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Packard bought many components from vendor manufactures (Delco, Autolite, Bendix, etc.) which were common to other makes. The Bendix brakes used in your 115C were almost certain to be used on other vehicles. Maybe someone with a Hollander (sp.?) exchange manual can identify other makes using the same shoes. It helps when going to the parts house, preferably NAPA, to have information on other makes when buying parts. The Packard name seems to cause a lot of confusion. Hope this helps - a former 115C owner.

Posted on: 2021/8/12 12:19
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

smack
See User information
Larry, thanks for that! I'll call NAPA on my Cylinders, I wouldn't have thought that could work.

And Thanks JWL, I'll definitely start with cross referencing in future. You're right, Packard frequently gets a blank response.

I got a call back from Tucson Packard this afternoon. They had newly manufactured front and rear shoes and amazingly the springs as well.
We also agreed that it's too damn HOT!

Best to all!
Steve

Posted on: 2021/8/13 13:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I suggest that you don’t CALL Napa. Go there in person with the old part in hand. It has been my experience that calling any modern parts house will often result in a No when the year and model is mentioned because their regular counter parts book doesn’t go back that far they don’t want to spend time on the phone with someone who may be simply “fishing” so go into the store where Napa is more than willing to help.

Over the decades I’ve even used Napa for most of my engine rebuilds (some locations have full shops) on Packard, Imperial and Cadillac and they have always been able to supply the parts.

Posted on: 2021/8/13 18:17
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
On my 37 115-c 1088 , the original shoes are slightly narrower at the location of the break shoe link bar and wider at the anchor pin/plate. The link is the rod between the shoe and wheel cylinder. I replaced mine with aftermarket and had to open up the link rod slightly to fit th shoe. Maybe could of purchase new link rods . But. Also the shoe does not fit the top anchor pin/plate properly. I had to machine up a shim on my anchor plate for a good fit. See what you have for shoes. If I were to do it again and knew this I would have had my original reclined I am on the ct = ri boarder Dave. drose208@comcast.net

Posted on: 2021/8/14 8:45
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

smack
See User information
Hi Dave,
Thanks for that heads up!
I'm in Ashaway RI, just a few minutes from Westerly. Where, if I may ask, are you?
Best,
Steve

Posted on: 2021/8/14 9:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I'm from Coventry RI

Posted on: 2021/8/15 6:18
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Was there a problem with Kanter? I used them for my '37 115c, without much of a problem. (Main problem was the thickness of the metal support for the shoes was too thick, and I had to grind it down to fit the pushrods for the wheel cylinders and other parts. Took about 5 min. per wheel.

Posted on: 2021/8/28 22:43
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved