Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 80

dick29, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

37 120 Fender Clearance issue
Just popping in
Just popping in

Tom_F
See User information
My 37 120 Convertible coupe sits too low in the front and the tires hit the fenders occasionally. I put new coil springs in recently (ordered from Kanter/accounted for the side spares). But, the left side still scrapes. I have standard thin whitewalls on the car. Any suggestions?
Could this just be camber adjustment? It's more a height issue than anything, it seems......

Posted on: 2021/11/25 8:13
 Top  Print   

Re: 37 120 Fender Clearance issue
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Did you use new spring pads? Flack will know more about this then me… but I know there are pads in there.

My bmw z3 even had different thickness pads that could be had to fine tune adjustments on the rear.

Posted on: 2021/11/25 15:11
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
"Standard thin whitwalls" not particularly useful info, what size are they?

Do we assume the riding height is less on the left front than the right front?

Just when Does this scraping occur? When the the tire is in a left turn? Right turn? Straight ahead?

Posted on: 2021/11/25 17:48
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Tom_F
See User information
Sorry for the delay, Owen. The tires are Coker 16 inch. I'll need to check the size... The Scraping occurs when I hit a bump while making a left turn. The right side/passenger side clearance between the tire and lower front fender is about 2-1/2 inches and the driver's side is about 1 inch when the car is parked. Body work is clean and the fenders appear correct. I will bring it to Kanter restoration for a once-over.

Posted on: 2022/2/20 7:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved