Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1929 Carburetor
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Does anyone know if The Carburetor Shop in Eldon Missouri is still in business? I have called the phone number on their website, but it is no longer in service

Posted on: 2021/12/9 17:56
 Top  Print   

Re: 1929 Carburetor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There are two Yelp reviews and they are abysmal. One from 2016 has this:

Quote:
It would help if the phone number listed, 573-392-7378, actually worked. It rings 4 or 5 times then there's a message, "please enter your remote access number now". What access number?

Nothing saying that they are out of business but they are open only three days per week and are phone and mail order only.

Posted on: 2021/12/9 21:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
I have a model 645, 1929 Packard. It has the large 8 cylinder (385 cubic inch) engine. I worked with a guy named David Frear who makes the reproduction Packard Detroit Carburetor. I don't use that particular carburetor because I was lucky enough to find one of the early versions that fits the 385 cubic inch engine. As I understand, the version I have is rare because Packard only used it for a month or so before they switched to the later version. The later version that David makes is actually easier to use and restorers I have spoken to prefer it because it is easier to adjust. I can put you in touch with David if you want. I also have an original early version of the Packard carburetor for the smaller 1929, 8 cylinder car that I would be happy to part with, if that is what you are looking for. Send me a PM and I will give you David's contact information or send you pictures of the carburetor I have. Thanks and good luck.
John Wogec

Posted on: 2021/12/10 15:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
There site say they are open Monday and Tuesday only.

Posted on: 2021/12/10 15:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Daytona Carb will restore most anything.

I have used them for 4 carb rebuilds. They are very knowledgeable.

Daytonaparts.com is their URL

Posted on: 2021/12/12 13:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Daytona only does carbs back to 1932. The Carburetor Shop seems to be out of business. Their phone is disconnected.

Posted on: 2021/12/13 14:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
Jeff Dreibus of the Old Carb Doctor (located in Nebo, NC) recently rebuilt my DL Model 51 for my 31. He is very knowledgeable. My carb works fine after he went through it and replaced what needed to be replaced.

http://www.oldcarbdoctor.com/

Posted on: 2021/12/15 17:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
Jeff Dreibus of the Old Carb Doctor (located in Nebo, NC) recently rebuilt my DL Model 51 for my 31. He is very knowledgeable. My carb works fine after he went through it and replaced what needed to be replaced.

http://www.oldcarbdoctor.com/

Posted on: 2021/12/15 17:28
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
Hi,
Thanks for the info. What was the cost of refurbishing that 51? Was it cosmetically restored as well as mechanical/functional?

Posted on: 2021/12/16 4:53
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved