Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Engine Stabilizer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I am working on a 1937 120C, the engine stabilizer was partially disassembled when I got to it. Does anyone have an image of the assembly together so I can understand how it looks together?
Much appreciated!
Bob J.

Posted on: 2021/12/24 14:00
 Top  Print 

Re: Engine Stabilizer
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Are you referring to the stabilizer or snubber assy between the engine/transmission and frame which was installed to control clutch chatter? If that is not the item you are asking about then pardon the interruption.

If you are asking about the snubber for clutch chatter, the original version was introduced on some 36 models and could have also been on some 37 models. It is shown in Service Counselor Vol 12 #13.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SL-VOL12NO13.pdf

The first version was superseded in 37 by another more robust and adjustable item which is detailed in SC Vol 13 #1.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SL-VOL13NO1.pdf

As I recall from posts of a few years ago some had issues with their original Packard versions because they were somewhat light duty and rod can bend or rubber joints separate. I believe Flackmaster was able to come up with some modern more robust pieces to repair the second version and make the assy a bit stronger or maybe it was a complete heavier duty second version.

Posted on: 2021/12/24 14:31
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dbedsole
See User information
I have a '37 120C that has a snubber as shown above in Service Counselor Vol. 12 & 13. The vulcanized rubber had deteriorated and fallen through - I repaired mine by making a mold and binding the two metal parts together with urethane. I am still doing restoration so have not driven the car very much so don't know how long it will hold together.

Posted on: 2021/12/24 14:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
That is exactly the part I was referring to and really appreciate the feedback.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Posted on: 2021/12/24 18:34
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved