Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 99

kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1941 180 Coming back to life
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
This car had been sitting for 36 years After a ton of work I had the engine running yesterday and its running pretty good.Still tons of stuff to do.Here are some things that I did Clean carb replaced float replaced 2 lifters painted head replaced coil filed pionts to get spark. removed manifolds and repair broken bolt in block. Also I dissassembled moved them as much as I could took them to a different machine shop and got them machine together and reinstalled on the engine. remove and cleaned oil filter and pan. Replaced all the heater and radiator hoses.I have plugs and wires on the way. The engine is nice and quiet now.Also runnig off a temparary gas can because the coating is coming off the fuel tank. Also replaced all wheel cylinders.Thanks everyone for your help

Posted on: 2022/2/11 4:32
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 180 Coming back to life
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Sounds like you've been a busy boy! Looking forward to hearing about this one getting back on the road. A '41 180 is a very classy car and a wonderful cruiser. Well done for bringing her back and hope you enjoy it.

Posted on: 2022/2/11 8:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi 29tons,
Sounds really exciting; some pics maybe??
Chris.

Posted on: 2022/2/11 21:59
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Its a 180 Formal barn find.This is 1 of 12 known to exist. it has a divider window, jump seat and factory power windows. I took this Picture early Jan.2022 before pushing it in the garage

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_8639.JPG (252.09 KB)
3379_62078c6f0a658.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2022/2/12 5:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Very nice and great to see it getting back on the road! That's the best way to get to know the car before any restoration is started.

I made a fair offer on a long wheelbase 1941 non-formal sedan a few years back (with power windows and even factory A/C) but, as they were asking a restored price for an unrestored car, they ignored the offer.

Posted on: 2022/2/12 14:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
After all that work you deserve a high quality, high octane adult beverage.

You've earned it.

Posted on: 2022/2/12 16:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I get thirsty working on old cars that is 1 of the hidden cost of restoration that no one thinks about.

Posted on: 2022/2/13 6:41
 Top  Print 
LikeLaugh (2)

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
That is going to be a gorgeous machine! Power windows in a '41 - wow, that is a scarce one.

Amazing how a car that majestic ended up getting stuck away in a barn. Looking forward to the progress made on this one, she's a beauty.

Posted on: 2022/2/14 9:11
 Top  Print 
Like (2)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi 29tons,
Thanks for posting the picture. It would appear to be the the 'barn-find of barn-finds'. The condition and completeness are quite something. Even so, a monumental project to bring 'er back; hat's off for taking on the task! Chris.

Posted on: 2022/2/18 19:44
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Wow! That car will be a showstopper to anyone that knows what they are looking at. Surely that was one of the best cars someone could buy at that time. Do you know the provenance on it?

P.S. Did you add it to the Registry?

Posted on: 2022/2/19 8:55
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved