Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
78 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 76

William Grosz, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Modification to OEM fender
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dave Cz
See User information
A number of years back I was able to secure a pair of New Old Stock fenders which have since been cleaned up and installed onto my "in work" 55 400. I happened to notice (after the car was painted) that there is some sheet metal remaining in the opening for the turnsignal lamp assembly.
Before I get the grinder out to cut out the metal strip, I wished to solicit opinion on my course of action.
I see no way to install the lamp assembly with the metal strip in place. The fender does appear to be for a different model. I' showing in yellow the approximate needed cut line.
Thoughts?

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_2574a.jpg (14.07 KB)
1321_621aea13a7cce.jpg 240X320 px

jpg  MarkUp26feb22a.jpg (13.51 KB)
1321_621aea216484a.jpg 320X240 px

Posted on: 2022/2/26 21:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Modification to OEM fender
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I have an NOS 56 Clipper front fender that has that same "strut".

Many years ago, I saw an NOS 56 Senior front fender for sale at Hershey with same feature, and I was told it had to be cut out for the Senior lamp.

It makes sense that the 55 Senior would be same.

Posted on: 2022/2/27 9:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Modification to OEM fender
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dave Cz
See User information
Thanks for the response, I can now remove the "struts" with a bit less trepidation. The collective knowledge of this community never ceases to amaze.

Posted on: 2022/3/4 20:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved