Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Another scammer
Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
I have been looking for an Owen Dyneto square starter solenoid.

I got an email from a David Classics with an Oregon phone number saying he had one and for me to just send a Walmart to Walmart payment to his wife in Iowa and to email a receipt of the payment.

The common thread to all of these is the use of non standard payment, Western Union, Walmart etc instead of Venmo, Zelle or Paypal. Those last 3 are probably too easy to trace

Caveat Emptor

Posted on: 2022/3/29 6:43
 Top  Print 

Re: Another scammer
Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
And you can add another one to the list.

Posted on: 2022/4/7 15:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
This contact came from a Rick Jonas, is anyone familiar with him? Is he a member?

I would hate to chase a real lead away.

Went dark when I asked for pics.

Posted on: 2022/4/7 15:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I suppose if you asked for a picture of the item combined with a proof of ownership (like a phone screen) that would reduce the chances of being ripped off.

That's why I prefer junkbay. If an item looks so good it might be stolen, I don't buy it. If I'm looking at some Packard part and thinking "I wonder where he stole it?" I'm not buying it.

The situation is so sad today. All this thievery going on. All the institutionalized and systemic corruption. Today sleaze is the new normal. It's as if the whole world has gone psychopathic.

Posted on: 2022/4/7 17:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
Update on Rick.

He did send 3 pictures but he had the common round Delco one.

Posted on: 2022/4/8 7:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information

Posted on: 2022/4/12 13:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
That is he copied the picture from junkbay and sent it to you?

I don't know where these ads are being placed, but car clubs like the CCCA or PAC don't tolerate fraudsters and members can place ads free of charge. Of course the dues are steep.

I see a 39 Su8 starter for $151 on junkbay. That's not a bad price if the armature is okay.

I like the God Bless part. I tell people the reason the second coming isn't happening is because he's too busy throwing up.

Something was bugging me and the 38-39 Packard manual shows a round solenoid on the V-12.

Posted on: 2022/4/12 15:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
You are correct, but mine was made in '37. It is a very early and complete original car. The starter is drilled for the square box solenoid.

Posted on: 2022/4/13 12:32
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
I love these scammers. I have fun with them. Ask the scammers if the solenoid is for the four cylinder Packard, as that's the one you really need. The response should be revealing.

Posted on: 2022/4/14 17:28
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved