Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 128

Todd W. White, 53 Cavalier, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 54 Convertible Turn Signal Issues
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

54ocmac
See User information
Good day!

Well, seems as though I have a faulty turn signal switch assembly - at least in the fact that it will not activate the right rear turn signal. I found a spare switch assembly in my box of spare parts which I plugged into the under-dash receptacle and tried the signals. To my surprise, the right rear signal functioned, but the left did not. Just the opposite of what I was anticipating. At that point, I knew I had good connections to the right rear signal. So I disconnected the switch assembly, cleaned all the contacts and re-installed to the receptacle. Eureka!! All signals are now working!! (BTW, brake lights were working with the old assembly!). So now, I just have to locate my steering wheel puller and switch out the old for the new-old switch assembly!

Thank you all again for your support and guidance! It is greatly appreciated! On to the next item on the list!

Cheers!

Posted on: 2022/4/18 16:34
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved