Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

Joe Krzan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Twin Ultramatic Transmission
Just popping in
Just popping in

WMH
See User information
Does anyone know of a good transmission repair facility that rebuilds a Packard Twin Ultramatic Transmission well in Texas? Or near Texas? Or has a completely rebuilt ultramatic trans for sale?

Posted on: 2022/4/27 16:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Twin Ultramatic Transmission
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

5540Packards
See User information
I want to pass this piece of advice to you-I own a 1955 Packard 400 I bought in 2003 after having four failures in rebuilt ultramatics, I finally got smart. I contacted Bendtsens transmission adapters and ordered their conversion kit and also ordered a GM 700r automatic transmission. A good shop across the river from my home in Philadelphia Pa did the job and when I picked up the car all I could say is WOW! Way more performance way better gas mileage and since I had the job done in 2015 my car has been trouble-free.

Attach file:

jpg  FB_IMG_1550248494152.jpg (40.31 KB)
210537_6269def9cb7e0.jpg 720X486 px

Posted on: 2022/4/27 19:25
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

WMH
See User information
Thank you. You confirmed my thoughts. I understand the adapter alone is around 900 dollars. What did your total swap cost in 2015> Thanks. Walt

Posted on: 2022/4/27 20:43
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

5540Packards
See User information
the total for the swap the kit the tranny came to about $4000 about $1000 more than my last Ultramatic job and like I said no issues since in my opinion worth the extra money (and the overtime I put in to have it done!).Had the car AAA there drove it home when it was done I was amazed at much much get up and go it had and the gas mileage well I never received more than 14 or 15 mi per gallon after the conversion I drove to the Hershey car show from my home and only used a quarter tank of gas! The four grand covered the complete job.

Posted on: 2022/4/27 21:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved