Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Trunk floor pan for 47 Clipper need any direction.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I'd be suspect of any car that was over painted on the chrome as a contract military vehicle. I'd want provenance/paperwork/ID plate.
As one can see the paint chips off chrome easily and not a good thing for black out. WW2 military is out of my wheel house, so leave it to the MVPA guys. The later ones I've seen came with no chrome, if painted OD.

I'm think several tons is about right, no offense...

Posted on: 2022/5/8 8:30
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

signsup
See User information
Interesting mix of OD green paint scheme and chrome, whitewall ties, etc.
Look under the hood, inside door jams, eetc., as military purchased staff cars after auto production was stopped tok cars already assembled and painted and painted the exterior only OD green. Anything not seen from the outside was left alone.
Ours is some sort of silver or grey paint in those areas.
Here are our fender skirts.

Attach file:

jpg  fender skirt.JPG (28.60 KB)
200179_6277df5a03285.jpg 448X336 px

Posted on: 2022/5/8 10:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Signsup, answered your query in your post #7 in my previous post #6.

Again, yes, it's your car, it's a free country, yadda yadda. But you're on a site for the preservation and rejuvenation of Packards, not retro rods nor fanciful cartoon cars, "homages" to things that never were.

What's the point? Why ruin a car to make it into some bogus monstrosity, mislead the public? Skip fantasy land. Isn't there enough overlooked War II reality?

And forget the "Gen. MacArthur Clipper." That was thoroughly debunked in the respected Special Interest Autos back in the late '70s. Yet half a century later, we're still seeing cobbled replicas of what never existed,

just as you're planning.

Either smother a rare 127-inch wheelbased 1942 One-Sixty/One-Eighty Clipper with olive drab paint and a big hokey white star on its flanks, or better yet, volunteer at your local VA hospital, support VA benefits, body and Humvee armor for those in combat today, and/or make a contribution to the Eisenhour Library or Columbia University.

Stick with Marvel comic books.

Posted on: 2022/5/8 12:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Several tons is about right. probably metric tons, or tonnes. Perhaps Imperial tonnes, too. No offense taken.

I'm sure that the Staph Car is a colossal fake as far as staff cars go. It is, however, a bodacious pile of good Packard goodies whether it goes to parts or it gets redone down the line somewhere. And Wat (with Fred's telepathic help) cut a mean deal on it.

There was no build sheet on the filler, and IIRC, the firewall was black. It does have some funky add-on tail lights, however. I'll post a picture after I pick it up.

Posted on: 2022/5/8 12:39
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved