Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Under dash insulation replacement and “while you’re there”
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Kapn
See User information
Thank you. I had missed that paragraph and I understand it better after re-reading. They all move ok now, just want to keep them moving and make sure they are good to go "while I'm in there".

Posted on: 2022/5/20 12:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I would try to get some silicone-based lubrication into them, such as the spray used to lubricate garage door hinges. It tends to adhere to the surfaces and lasts longer than, say, WD40 which is primarily for loosening thing, not lubricating them in spite what it says on the can.

You would have to first thoroughly clean off whatever is on them, then spray liberally at the ends and even along the outer cable, flexing it a bit to separate the windings enough to get the lubrication inside. If the cables are vinyl covered, then do the best you can from the ends.

Posted on: 2022/5/20 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
If you have the cables removed from the car, then soaking them in a light oil may work.

Posted on: 2022/5/21 11:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved