Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 101

John Sauser, BlackBeerd, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Body weight
Home away from home
Home away from home

johntrhodes81
See User information
Thanks!!

Posted on: 2022/5/25 18:15
John Rhodes

1953 Packard Patrician
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
I wish I could find the post that Ross made about lifting the body. He used some sort of beam (wood or metal, can't remember) between the two legs on each side of the lift. Essentially the beam was sized to fit under the outer edge of the body between the front wheel and rear wheel. One beam for each side. The front leg of the lift held the front of the beam and rear leg held the rear of the beam. He took the body bolts out, then just used the lift to raise the body up. Looked like a piece of cake.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2022/5/25 18:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Stuff done by people who know what they're doing always looks easy. It's the Learning Curve that you cannot see that isn't so much.

Posted on: 2022/5/26 4:28
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Just read this post. If the motor/trans is 1000lbs, the chassis has to be more than 200lbs based on the estimate posted. The rear end alone is 200lbs+ easily....
Just my opinion....

HotRod

Posted on: 2022/5/26 7:19
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved