Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: New member hello, 1936 120B Business Coupe clutch
Just popping in
Just popping in

kingoftantallon
See User information
Here is a shot of the id plate

Attach file:

jpeg  61B8CAA5-A097-424B-BA77-58D14A25EB16.jpeg (229.64 KB)
225623_62bce4697fe00.jpeg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/6/29 18:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I don't know if you've seen yet, but this is the page about the VIN Plates. Just FYI.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/decoder/

(Also accessible on the left sidebar)

Posted on: 2022/6/29 20:13
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Good luck with your new project. Sounds like you have experience and a good idea of what you're into. Just be prepared for a bit more Ferrous Oxide and a whole lotta fasteners holding things together.

I have a friend who is restoring a '36 120 sedan if you'd like to commiserate. I think he'd be amenable.

Posted on: 2022/6/30 4:58
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
From the Literature Archive. It's in Spanish but it shows the different body styles:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1936_120Brochure_Spanish.pdf

Posted on: 2022/6/30 9:26
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
kingoftantallon, for including your '36 One Twenty Business Coupe in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2022/6/30 14:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

kingoftantallon
See User information
Thanks for that Cartrich. Can you tell me anything additional about options? My car for example has the spare tires mounted to the fenders and the fold down rear rack for the travel chest. Were these something specified at the time of purchase or order of the car?

Also, does having these additional features make this anymore rare of an 120b example?

Posted on: 2022/7/11 8:35
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
sidemounts and a rack were probably added sometime in the last 80 years. the 998 was the bottom of the line car, not usually dressed with options. Rack on a business coupe is unusual given the volume of the trunk.

That said, I had sidemounts and a rack on my 998. ;)

Posted on: 2022/7/11 9:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a salesman's data book on site which you can downloadhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1936_120B_Databook.pdf that will provide quite a bit of info on your car's features.

An owners manual is also available if you don't already have one.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1936_120_OwnersManual.pdf A paper reprint of that owners manual might also be available at the PAC online store if you wanted something for your glovebox.https://www.packardclub.org

There are also accessory manuals for the 36 120 that might have a bit more info on what options were available than is shown in the data book. Didn't find either on site for download but here is a black and white version someone made which has a file size small enough to post on the forum.

Attach file:

pdf 1936_OneTwentyAccessoryBrochure.pdf Size: 845.63 KB; Hits: 50

Posted on: 2022/7/11 9:27
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

kingoftantallon
See User information
Great forum fella's, I really appreciate the info. Looks like whoever ordered this car accessorized it. I also have the radio, the clock, the deluxe hood ornament, and the rear wheel skirts.

Posted on: 2022/7/11 13:20
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

kingoftantallon
See User information
Follow up - As everyone everyone predicted, clutch face was corroded to the flywheel. Through an old friend of my fathers, I was fortunate enough to meet another Packard owner (and nut) who offered to help me diagnose and solve.

Lower flywheel cover came off with no struggle. We rotated the assembly via the ring gear and a screwdriver, while tapping the clutch cover. Once we got some movement, we used a thin metal ruler to slide between the flywheel and surface, all while pumping the clutch pedal. In total we burned up about a 1/2 hour.

I learned that my '36 120 is one of only three registered in my Province (Nova Scotia), new friend being one of the other owners. He was impressed by the accessories, apparently the working AM radio, ash tray, lighter and clock are hard to find if at all.

Lastly he left me with suggested maintenance recommendations like oiling the throw out bearing (never would have though of that) with the intent of firing her up in the next few weeks as time permits.

Looking forward to the first drive!

Posted on: 2022/11/16 9:56
 Top  Print 
Like (2)

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved