Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

South Florida Packard/Vintage Car mechanic?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I am sending a 120 to my non=mechanical nephew to see if he wants "in" on the hobby. Just in case any issues arise, who is the "right guy" to know in South Florida (Boca Raton)?

Posted on: 2022/7/5 21:25
 Top  Print 

Re: South Florida Packard/Vintage Car mechanic?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
@DAF, are you sure I'm not a long lost nephew of yours? I'm not picky, but I'd like a senior model 😄.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, unfortunately I don't really know people in Florida that could work on it.

Posted on: 2022/7/5 21:35
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Hey uhh... flack, it's your nephew, I moved to PA remember? You should uhh... definitely send it up to PA for me

Posted on: 2022/7/5 21:57
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
Flack- Not sure where your nephew is located in Pa
but if he is in the middl/ western part of the state he can call Andy Mylin near State College (814) 571-0589.
I needed a BTV rebuilt and Ross Miller recommended him since he was tied up until October.
If he is in the center/ eastern area, he can head down to Ross Miller’s garage…around an hour south of Harrisburg.
Hope this is helpful.
RjR

Posted on: 2022/7/5 22:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
He needs someone in Florida not Pennsylvania.

Posted on: 2022/7/6 7:42
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
ewrecks, I was joking, I'm not his nephew

But thanks for the advice. Slowly expanding my list of contacts

Posted on: 2022/7/6 8:20
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Car arrived safely in Boca. First thing the transporter did was (flood it?) roll it off the trailer. Seriously folks, is there anyone in the nearby area that would be willing to be a little more patient with introducing the car to its caretaker?

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_5635.JPG (275.03 KB)
439_62d3f46361dd2.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2022/7/17 6:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I'm on the other coast but am in no way shape or form a good mechanic. Our Florida Packard Club President has been asking the same question in our printed newsletter for a few issues so we can help refer members who need a Packard capable mechanic. I do not know if he has gotten any response to his requests. You could try contacting Norm via the "Contact Us" tab on the website:http://www.flpackardclub.org/home.html

Posted on: 2022/7/17 8:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Have sent Norm an email, thank you. Have also been referred to a Pierce Arrow guy in West Palm Beach...but do we really need a Pierce guy.... ;)

Posted on: 2022/7/17 19:21
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Dean Prevolos
See User information
Good morning Dave, I have been asking the same questions for years! That is why I have had to make all of my repairs in Naples, Florida. There are no known Packard mechanics that will give us lacky's the time of day. If the transporter flooded the car upon delivery and rolled it off, are you saying that the car won't start even after sitting overnight? The few times my car seemed to be flooded I just put the pedal to the floor and turn the key. That usually works. All of our cars have our "touch" to start them and I understand the frustration. In Marco Island, Florida (west Coast) there is a shop Island Automotive owned by Kieth Pershing that does advertisement in our local AACA monthly newsletter and can be reached at 239-394-1887. He may know someone on the East coast that can help you out. I always liked your black convertible, very sharp car. Good luck, Dean (36 Packard 120B)

Posted on: 2022/7/18 4:11
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved