Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
172 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 169

kevinpackard, BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Another one bites the dust
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
"Professional build with 600 miles since completion."

I guess after 600 miles they realized they wasted their money. I wonder if this is the car that I inventoried years ago and then the idiots screwed it all up and lost a lot of parts. It was solid and straight and was fun to look at because the body fit was perfect. 35 Su8 convertible victoria was close to Packard's finest hour.

What a piece of junk.

Attach file:

jpg  90310204.jpg (69.71 KB)
373_62ef08a7c24ab.jpg 900X506 px

Posted on: 2022/8/6 19:34
 Top  Print 
Laugh (1)

Re: Another one bites the dust
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
It's hard for me to think what the taste of the person that designed this is other than to say that I don't share much of it. Interior is of if La-z-boy made performance car seats. Not to say it isn't well done, but I don't understand the multiple conflicting eras and themes present. Supercharged engine with wheels to match, in a classic convertible style. Then the interior is like a 90's RR, but much flashier than anything RR ever did in that era.

Interested to see what it sells for.

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/1935/packard/victoria/44991

Posted on: 2022/8/6 20:29
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
In a just universe that'd be a prosecutable crime.

Posted on: 2022/8/6 20:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
That is horrendous. I'm sure it caused the angels to weep.

Posted on: 2022/8/7 8:53
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I have absolutely no problem with resto-mods, and go easy guys, the workmanship on this beast truly expresses quality. Anything to keep the Packard name associated with high quality is OK with me. Especially with cars that would otherwise not be restored. And certainly if that is what the owner wanted to do with his car/money, then who are we to complain?
HOWEVER, if this was a clean car to begin with, I for one am truly disappointed the owner did not recognize it for what it Was. Now its just another resto-mod project flapping its ego with how much money can be spent "creating".
Maybe someday in the future, some future, there will be a trend to revert these resto-mods to original. Well, we can dream...

DAF

Posted on: 2022/8/7 9:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
This should be titled as a Chevrolet.

Posted on: 2022/8/7 9:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
One word: Yuck! Especially hate the wheels. Hope whoever built this POS loses so much money that it discourages others. But that probably won't happen.

Here is another one; a 1939 120 Convertible Coupe. This is a car I would love to own if it were in original condition. I've always especially liked the 1938 and 1939 Junior cars. But I wouldn't touch this one. It has been for sale for quite a while. Can't imagine why (not really)!

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/packard/unspecified/2527785.html

Note that seller identifies it as a Packard Super 8, which it is not. So not only did this guy butcher the car, but he also doesn't even know what model it is.

Posted on: 2022/8/7 14:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
And just spotted this one on Craigslist. Truly horrifying. I think it was a 1502 Super 8 Limo.

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/d/mineola-37-packard-limousine/7516454518.html

Posted on: 2022/8/7 16:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
At least the 37 limo has its price sliced by almost 50% since the last time it was on CL.

Posted on: 2022/8/7 17:54
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I can see the restomod thing, kinda, especially on a rust-bucket that was headed to the crusher otherwise.

These, on the other hand, are some royal pieces of $#!t if ever I saw one.

Posted on: 2022/8/7 19:05
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved