Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

need drawing of oil pump pressure relieve valve
Just popping in
Just popping in

Packard Rich
See User information
Hi all.
I am in the process of overhauling all the oil related parts and gaskets. Today I found out the oil pressure relieve valve is missing from the oil pump. The spring is there, but no valve..

I can't find this part online and I doubt anybody is selling this part separately.

As it's a simple part to fabricate for me, so I was wondering if somebody here is willing to measure one up and send me a drawing of it so I can fabricate it.

The engine is a 1953 327 9-bearing straight eight.
The part number is 5.1219

Much appreciated

Attach file:

jpg  oilpump.jpg (50.32 KB)
225431_636f9e314dce2.jpg 1115X570 px

Posted on: 2022/11/12 8:22
 Top  Print 

Re: need drawing of oil pump pressure relieve valve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
That number is the part group for location in the parts list, its actual part number is 303927.I did go on Max Merritt with that number and it is not on their system. May be worth a call as they may have a pump that they can either sell or one they can break down for your part. I would suspect that the tolerances and specifications are such that they are highly precise parts in an oil pump and not easily duplicated. Kanter is another one to contact, and the great group here may have something too. Good luck!
Bob J.

Posted on: 2022/11/12 8:44
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I have several old pumps off 288's can ship part or pump. Have not taken time to check parts book but should be the same. Free, just send me the shipping. Dell

Posted on: 2022/11/12 10:02

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
And if Dell ain't got one, I probably do. Same offer.
DAF

Posted on: 2022/11/12 10:21
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Packard Rich
See User information
Thank you all for the help, much appreciated. I was first trying to source this part locally (I'm from The Netherlands) before asking one of you to ship this part overseas.

So, when I got time again to work on this pump I also cleared out my work bench a bit. And guess what came crawling out of a corner...
It was still in good shape, cleaned it up with some high grid waterproof sandpaper and re-assembled it again. Sorry to waste your time guys, but good to know there is so much help over here, much appreciated.

Posted on: 2022/11/23 7:52
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved