Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 127

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tires 1941 160
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Just wondering what make tires were on a 1941 160 I know they were 700-16 .

Posted on: 2022/12/2 8:16
 Top  Print 

Re: Tires 1941 160
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It was common practice where practical for manufacturers to try to avoid potential supply source stoppages by purchasing from multiple sources, for example Packard's use of both AutoLite and Delco electrical components. The same practice was followed for tires.

By way of example, in the 1934 Dealer Information booklet itd was noted that tlres were sourced from Firestone, Goodyear, Goodrich, and U.S. (later U.S Royal).

Posted on: 2022/12/2 8:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
In the trunk of a 1941 160 that I bought a few years ago there was a US royal tire. That car was parked in 1954 or 55 and had 58000 miles. I wonder if that was 1 of the original tires for the car. I still have the tire if I think of it I will post a picture this weekend. I remember looking for a date code the tire is so old it doesn’t have a date code. And from what i read us royal became uniroyal in 1961

Posted on: 2022/12/2 13:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Lots of Goodyear and Firestones. US Royal had a bad reputation so the application as a spare probably was done by someone who wanted a cheap one for that purpose.

Posted on: 2022/12/3 10:15
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved