Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Alternative tire recommendation for a 1940 club sedan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Billh40
See User information
Alternative tire recommendation for a 1940 club sedan

Diamond Back whitewall Radial tires, 700R-16” tires for a 1940 Packard Custom Super Eight One-Eighty Club Sedan were recommended but I was told today they “hoped” they would be available in March. Previously they were expected in January. The car has older bias ply tires now that should be replaced. Does anyone have another recommendation besides the Diamond Back tires?

Thank you.

Posted on: 2022/12/28 15:38
 Top  Print 

Re: Alternative tire recommendation for a 1940 club sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Interesting. When I was ordering my Diamondback Auburn Deluxe tires "Bill" said they were having problems with the 7:00x16 molds and recommended the 7.50x16 instead. The tires were for my 1932 Ford 3-window coupe hot rod with big tires on the rear and smaller ones on the front.The tires are made in Thailand so this may contribute to the backlog. They are a quality tire, smooth, round and easy to balance. I recommend them, but if you can't get the size then may need to go to another source. Can your Packard use the 7:50 size?

Posted on: 2022/12/29 13:58
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Probably this is not what you are looking for, but I noticed that the 7.00 R16 size is available as a tire for commercial vans, for example the Firestone CV 5000:

Firestone CV 5000 7.00 R16

Of course that is not a whitewall, but could get someone out of a jam perhaps.

Posted on: 2022/12/30 1:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Coker an option, perhaps? I have noticed their per-tire pricing getting pretty steep though, lately. I purchased 4 for my '39 and am very happy with them. Chris.

Posted on: 2023/1/4 20:56
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved