Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1951 Patrician Window Run Channels and seals
Just popping in
Just popping in

Markus
See User information
Hello,

I am the new owner of a 1951 packard 400 Patrician. I was hoping someone could assist me in locating a few parts. I need all rubber seals and window run channels. I see that Steele have some run channels, but of course not for the 1951 modell. The channels on this car does not have a symmetrical U-shape. Has anyone here found reproductions anywhere?

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Some pictures if anyone is intereted:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5Jhgve2xyenu8DmF6

Posted on: 2023/1/1 10:55
 Top  Print 

Re: 1951 Patrician Window Run Channels and seals
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You may not find anything exactly in that shape but there are some bulk lengths of generic channels available at Restoration Specialties. You may need to compromise on the bent side shape and just get one with a straight side.

Restoration's channels are what many of us have used and those are generally sold in 6 or 8ft lengths where you will need to cut your own to size and probably have some waste left over. Overall dimensions are obviously important but the chrome vs non chrome edge bead is also to be considered.

Since Steele does not have anything specific about the only other vendor I can think of would be Kanter Auto. At one time they offered complete and partial kits consisting of both rubber and channels for various models and might have something specific to your car. If not Restoration would be your best bet for channels and Steele for rubber.

Posted on: 2023/1/1 11:28
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Your channels are not symmetrical now--but they were when new and the generic stock from Restoration Specialties will work just fine for you. For door weatherstrip I prefer to use generic Street Rod weatherstrips where I can. Otherwise, you are stuck with Steele--which you can buy at a better price through Kanter Bros.

I looked through your photos and am impressed with the work that you have done. With the 327 and overdrive that car will be very pleasant to drive and will cruise easily at 130.

Posted on: 2023/1/1 12:18
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Markus
See User information
Thank you both. I think I will need to modify the lower brackets holding the channel if I am to use the generic reproductions, but that is not a big problem. The very rusty body, rotten interior and bad chrome is a more of an issue...
But, its nice that you say the 327 setup will make for a pleasant driver. That was what I was hoping for, and I have not been able to drive the car yet, and probably not for a while.

Posted on: 2023/1/1 15:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Too bad you weren't working on this decades ago when I had a perfect body you could have had! It ended up getting cut up and scrapped as no one seemed to need or want it and I was moving. Prior to that, I tried for years to find it a good home!

Posted on: 2023/1/1 16:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Markus,
to PackardInfo. See you're from Norway so make that Velkommen!

And, I invite you to include your '51 Patrician in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2023/1/1 18:11
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved