Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 40 41 42 (43) 44 45 46 ... 145 »

Re: BigKev
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Maiden Vogage indeed!
Mrs. Bigkev 1
Mr. Bigkev 0

Seriously, Big Congrats!

DAF

Posted on: 2023/1/29 20:11
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DJP-37-120
See User information
Not sure if you still need the info. but I saved an original piece of the rubber on my car that attaches to the bottom of the inner fenders. It is 2" wide, 1/8" thick and extended 1" below the bottom of the inner fender. See photo.

Attach file:

jpg  20230129_201509.jpg (164.91 KB)
85430_63d71d85896a0.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/1/29 20:30
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks you for that. Exact what I needed!

Posted on: 2023/1/29 21:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Very nice and great accomplishment to get it on the road so quickly even if your poor wife had the freeze. I wish it were so balmy here as it’s 15 degrees and dropping.

Posted on: 2023/1/29 21:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,
Congratulations on the first drive! It goes, and it stops too. Very important.

The time and effort you've put into getting the Jackard up and running in a relatively short time is to be commended. Not to forget all the advice you've received along the way. It's obvious that this project has struck a chord with many Forums members.

Keep up the good work!

Posted on: 2023/1/29 21:34
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: BigKev's 1937 115-C Convertible Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Very cool (no pun intended.)

If there's any photo work you need from my 115c sedan, let me know.

Posted on: 2023/1/29 21:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
About 2"
I'll check mine tomorrow and post.

The graph paper is 1" square.

I can't remember If I had a good shot of the finished on the graph paper.

If I femember
The firewall end passenger side was a little long and needed trimming both in length and heigth.

Posted on: 2023/1/30 0:50
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks!

Posted on: 2023/1/30 12:10
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Does anyone know of a bowden operated electrical switch?

The '37 has a throttle knob on the dash for raising the throttle speed. But, because of the Jag engine, I'm not using that. But rather than it just sitting there as a dash filler, I'd like to use that to control the electric choke. Thereby reducing one of the toggle switches under the dash.

The throttle knob and its bowden cable are pretty much one piece. So there is no real way of separating them to reuse just the knob on an electric push-pull type switch.

So id like to find a switch I can hide up under the dash/firewall that can be actuated with the bowden cable. It just needs to be a simple on/off arrangement. Worse come to worse, I guess I can make something up that uses a microswitch, and the end of the bowden cable just pressed the switch lever down when pushed all the way in.

But before I go that route, I was just curious if there is an off-the-shelf switch that would work. I tried a google search, but wasn't having much luck.

Posted on: 2023/1/30 12:23
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't find anything that small either. Several cable operated switches for commercial electrical panels or emergency race car disconnects and even cable operated battery master switches but all way too big or expensive for your purpose.

If you just want to turn the choke off what about an oil pressure operated switch that is closed until the pressure has built up to a certain amount. There have been a few who used something like that to turn off their aux electric fuel pumps after the engine is running.

Aside from a bare micro switch or even a normally closed push button activated by a part of your throttle linkage another relatively inexpensive option would be to make your own cable operated switch if that would work better.

For that you could buy a cheap heater control valve such as this one and gut the valve part off the housing. Use only the cable arrangement and support structure to either add a microswitch operated by the end of the swing action or maybe you could fit a rotary switch where the valve is at present. For the rotary switch, maybe the cable lever could attach directly to the shaft or if not, add a coupling between the switch shaft and valve mechanism shaft to use the cable operated part to turn the switch shaft. Downside to a rotary would be the cable swing and switch rotation would need to be taken into consideration and matched. Cable action would need to be limited if the range was too much and could be damaging to the switch.

Attach file:

jpg  valve.jpg (123.67 KB)
209_63d80c5177ddb.jpg 1920X989 px

Posted on: 2023/1/30 13:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 40 41 42 (43) 44 45 46 ... 145 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved