Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

John Ulrich Packard Parts
Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I would like to take a moment to give a shout out to John Ulrich Packard Parts.https://julrichpackard.com/index.htm

I had been looking at their battery box cover for my 1937 115C for a very long time and for one reason or another had been putting off getting it. I finally decided it was time to get it but first I contacted him to verify that the pricing on his website was current. After being told that it was, I was ready to purchase one but I was confused about payment as I didn't know what shipping would be so I didn't know how much to write a check for. My experience in the world of ordering parts has always been- order part, include check or credit card payment for part and shipping, wait for part. His other form of payment being PayPal, I didn't know how to generate a payment to him without a link from the website. After emailing him about this, the next thing I know, I get an email that the part is in the mail with it's invoice. I found that to be pretty amazing, because let's face it, in this day and age, almost all of us would be pretty reticent about sending a part and saying "pay me later". The part arrived within a couple of days and I made a bee line to my check book to make sure that the check went out the next day. I was not about to ruin the trust that had been put in me.

So, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank John Ulrich Packard Parts for the great old fashioned service that I had thought had passed with the dinosaurs. I only regret that I don't have more to order from him at this point. Please consider him if you are in need of parts that he supplies.

Posted on: 2023/2/12 10:02
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Re: John Ulrich Packard Parts
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DJP-37-120
See User information
I agree 100%, I've purchased parts from John before and he is AAAAAAAAA++++++++++, I check with him first when I need something and his prices are very fair.

Posted on: 2023/2/12 18:29
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've bought parts from John as well. Probably the first time I've written a check in over a year. Nice parts, easy transaction.

Posted on: 2023/2/13 7:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
John's a good man, level as the day long, honest, reasonable, has helped many of us over the years, deserves your business. Long owning a '40 120, John now has a nice '32 Light Eight roadster.

Another source if John doesn't have what you need is Jeff Adkins, Moose Motors, Penngrove near Petaluma, 45 minutes north of John. Jeff has mechanical and brake parts for '30s-'50s Packards, also rebuilds components; starters, generators, distributors, pressure plates using original Packard jigs, has R-9 and R-11 overdrive transmissions and parts, as well as Ultramatics. (707) 792-9985, packardguy54@sbcglobal.net

Reach John via John Ulrich_Packard Parts
https://www.julrichpackard.com
John Ulrich Packard parts 1928-47. Reproduction and used. Good selection of both Junior and senior Packard Parts. Quality California parts and a NO hassle ...

Please tell these gents Mike Scott, '47 Super Clipper, Walnut Creek referred you.

Meanwhile, any of you fellow lifelong Packardites recall Roland M. Crawford, Packard Parts Unlimited, Groveland, Massachusetts? Bought lotta parts from him in the '70s for my '40 120. Wonderful fellow, character actor's voice.

Always like to support these smaller companies. Certain major operations in NJ and Indiana in recent years price some of their stuff as if 'twere for Bugattis.

Posted on: 2023/2/13 12:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Quote:

su8overdrive wrote:
Always like to support these smaller companies. Certain major operations in NJ and Indiana in recent years price some of their stuff as if 'twere for Bugattis.

We have been in the hobby for over 60 years now. We have aided multiple generations of hobbyists in the preservation and restoration of Packards and lesser vehicles. We do our very best to keep the majority of our products at an affordable / competitive price. Reproduction parts are priced according to cost and the cost of holding and storing sometimes a 10 year supply There are certain items from time to time that can be quite costly. In many of these cases these are new old stock items that cannot be replaced or do not warrant reproduction as the need is not supported by the hobby. We have taken the time to locate, store and maintain stock of these items for the betterment of the hobby all of which comes with a price tag. some parts we have stored for 50 years.

We do our very best to be the source for our customers when in need.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2023/2/15 21:50
 Top  Print 
Like (3)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
99.9% agree with dealing with John. I am selfishly holding back awaiting the next repro run of his Jr trunk rack knobs....

Pleeeezzzze.

Posted on: 2023/2/16 9:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
I'll add to this, I ordered a NOS item from Max Merritt. The one they sent was not up to par so I contacted them and the rep was apologetic after seeing the pics that what was sent "got out". They sent a replacement quickly and without any hassle.

Always good hearing about places that operate "like the old days".

Posted on: 2023/2/16 22:05
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved