Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Owen Dyneto Cutout
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Does anyone have the fuse insert for the Owen Dyneto generator cutout used on the late 20s/early 30s cars. It should consist of a screw-in holder, spring and fuse.

Posted on: 2023/3/14 18:38
 Top  Print 

Re: Owen Dyneto Cutout
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you're speaking of the fuse retainer parts on the Owen Dyneto #21262 combined regulator and cutout unit, I do have a complete unit but as I'm still driving the car regularly and its my only spare, I'd have to give some thought to whether I want to sell it. I'm certainly willing to photo it for you and provide some dimensions - if you're handy with a lathe it looks like it would be easy to replicate the brass holder. The spring looks like something you could source at the local hardware store.

Posted on: 2023/3/14 20:28
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

pmhowe
See User information
Jim,
I was working on my 526 model today, so I took some pictures. These may help.
Phil

Attach file:

pdf Cutout 1.pdf Size: 90.71 KB; Hits: 142
pdf Cutout 2.pdf Size: 87.12 KB; Hits: 74
pdf Cutout 3.pdf Size: 92.03 KB; Hits: 65
pdf Cutout 4.pdf Size: 89.11 KB; Hits: 97

Posted on: 2023/3/16 11:43
Phil
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A few years ago Owen_Dyneto posted a page from a Standard Auto Electrician's Manual that possibly could be applicable to the cutout in the photos -- or at least one very close to it. It covers some adjustments and also has a wiring diagram. You might check it out and if you do not already have something similar it might be worth saving a copy.

Posted on: 2023/3/16 15:00
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
I have an Owen Dyneto sheet on the Regulator/cutout that has instructions for installing it. It requires some internal rewiring of the generator by disconnecting the generator shunt field ground and running the wire thru a hole you cut in the commutator cover to connect it to the field connection on the regulator/cutout. The wire from the main brush connects to the terminal at the base and the battery (ammeter) wire to the Battery terminal on the regulator/cutout. i tried to attach the instructions to this post, but it was too large a file. It seems that this is not what you would expect from a factory installation. Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2023/3/17 18:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Installing the 21262 regulator/cutout on the generators for which it was designed requires no internal rewiring or shenanigans. Without actually reading it I don't know what situation your document is addressing but a guess would be perhaps its for installing the unit on an earlier generator not originally designed for it.

Posted on: 2023/3/17 20:00
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved