Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 226

DavidPackard, R H, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Speedometer cable 1937 120-C
Home away from home
Home away from home

ElGroucho
See User information
Speedometer worked before but after getting my car back from the upholsterer the inner cable snapped at the end. Looks like he may have inadvertently took the sweep away from cable when reinstalling the firewall pad. Outer metal sheath is still good. Is there a universal inner cable that can be used? Would be more of a PITA to R&R the whole piece vs just the inside cable. Thanks

Posted on: 2023/9/11 18:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Speedometer cable 1937 120-C
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bullsh--ter
See User information
Universal inner cables are available at most part stores. if not in stock they can order them. Be careful when cutting the size and crimping on the end. If as you suspect the outer cable is kinked you have to remedy that situation first or suffer more breakage.

Posted on: 2023/9/12 14:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Speedometer cable 1937 120-C
Home away from home
Home away from home

ElGroucho
See User information
Quote:

bullsh--ter wrote:
Universal inner cables are available at most part stores. if not in stock they can order them. Be careful when cutting the size and crimping on the end. If as you suspect the outer cable is kinked you have to remedy that situation first or suffer more breakage.

Thanks. The order cable wasn't kinked. It had a tight bend, the slack got taken out of it when the upholsterer installed the firewall pad. I fixed it by giving it a more sweeping curve. I of course didn't think of looking under the dash when I got the car back. Wish I had of, easy fix I'm sure though.

Posted on: 2023/9/13 15:27
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved