Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: MOST UNDERVALUED PACKARD
Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
You can still find bargains, if you're not in a hurry and look diligently, in most of the late '30s cars up through the V8s if you're not looking for a convertible or a coupe-roadster. Coupes/hardtops seem to be next on the, "pricey(-er than they need to be) list. The sportier models will always be, "overpriced," because they've always been less practical for everyday, average use, have always been priced higher than the more practical ones and marketed to those (in whatever price/quality range) with a bit more discretionary income or to, "single," folks who have always been a minority and can, usually, afford to ignore practicality. For most of the population they were the cars that most really wanted but either couldn't afford or ignored in favour of practicality. It's only natural that they'd remain more popular and desirable.

The practicality of the big, closed, four-door cars has always attracted and interested me. I agree that the '41 through '56 cars, for the most part, are undervalued as long as you're willing to accept a sedan, coach or perhaps in some cases a business coupe. The '51s through '54s, especially, seem undervalued to me.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 6:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved