Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 204

DJP-37-120, Aiden, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 41-42 Senior Engine Removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
This is the information I was looking for. My car's body and paint is very good and I do not want to scratch any paint. This information gives me what I was looking for. I got underneath the car today and found three bolts on each fender and some other things to remove. With what you have provided and what I have investigated, I think we will be able to find out what I need to know. I want to get the clip off of the car and then find out how bad the engine really is. It runs ok, but uses a quart of oil every 50 miles, not a good thing. I want to be able to get right up close to the engine, pull the head and see how much taper is in the cylinders. My luck is that an engine never needs just rings and bearings, it needs to be bored, new pistons and the whole nine yards.

Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

Willie J

Posted on: 2009/5/2 18:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved