Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Anyone have a color wiring diagram for the 48-50 models?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Chris
See User information
Does anyone have a color wiring diagram for the 48-50's or even a place to download one? I printed off the A.E.A. but it's hard to read. I've seen some of the revised color ones for other makes and models and they are easier on the eyes.

-Chris

Posted on: 2009/6/12 13:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Anyone have a color wiring diagram for the 48-50 models?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Chris, I have never seen a colour wiring diagram for a Packard. Perhaps Rhode Island Wirehttp://www.riwire.com/ who made the repro harness for my 47 would be able to help. They sent wiring diagrams with the harness that were excellent though not in colour either.

Posted on: 2009/6/12 18:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've never seem a color diagram either except for the one Kev made for use on his 54. The factory 22nd and 23rd series diagrams from the Service Counselors are available for download here and may be easier to follow than the A.E.A. ones.

Posted on: 2009/6/12 21:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Here's BigKev's 54; many things are similar to your year. I'm working on one for 52.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?6

Posted on: 2009/6/12 22:41
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mark Buckley
See User information
Looks like the Packard Club has started selling a wiring diagrams book for $21.

I have no idea whether the diagrams are in color.

You may be able to learn more by calling them, as the link to the description of the wiring diagrams book on this web page does not appear to work:

http://www.packardclub.org/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17&zenid=4ab8e2f8f4de6e1effaf5a5b98ab2bbc

Posted on: 2009/6/13 8:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The PAC wiring book is a handy reference as all diagrams are in the same place but is only a copy of all the Packard issued items--from Service Counselors, manuals and, in a couple of cases, what appears to be accessory instructions.

None are in color and honestly IMHO, the print quality of the one I have leaves a bit to be desired. The PAC offering does have a few early items not on site here, but I believe most (not all) of the diagrams here were scanned at higher resolution & should print well.

Posted on: 2009/6/13 9:11
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The diagram I did for the '54s was taken from one of the scanned diagrams. I took that scan into Adobe Illustrator and traced it. Fixing were there were obvious problem and mistakes. None of the originals are in color, but they usually call out the wire color and tracer information. So I just used that to color the one I traced. The great thing about doing in in Illustrator is that it is now vector based, so I can make it the size of a postage stamp or the size of a billboard and it will always look sharp and clean.

I gave the original .Ai file to Carl so he could use it as the basis for his year diagram and modify it as needed.

Now that all being said, I believe that one of the PI chapters sells full color, corrected diagrams for all the pre-war cars which also include the wiring for all the extra stuff (OD, Convertible Top, Windows, etc). Call the PI main office for more information or look in the back of the PI publication for the ad.

Posted on: 2009/6/13 11:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I rewired a customer's 50 2dr, and the new harness did not come with a color diagram either. in fact, the thing had little "flags" with a number at each connection. then there was a list that told what componet it hooked to. then you looked at that componet on the diagram to see which side of that componet it was to hook to. i didn't enjoy that job very much!

Posted on: 2009/6/13 13:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
I used the diagrams available on this site for my 48 with good results. Give 'em a try.

Posted on: 2009/6/15 1:52
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Chris
See User information
Thanks guys. I might give it a try with Adobe Illustrator. I guess it's not necessary but it sure make it easier.
-Chris

Posted on: 2009/6/15 10:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved