Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 73

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 21 »

Re: Russian Chaika [means seagull]
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Here is a picture of the Tatra Type 80 V12 engine.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (131.63 KB)
105_4a81f8e0bbe81.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/8/11 18:04
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Re: Russian Chaika [means seagull]
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Guscha: Here are two more pictures of a Tatra type 80. If the support irons for the top aren't fake and the top really goes down, the body style I believe is a convertible victoria.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (59.91 KB)
105_4a820c9d96669.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (82.01 KB)
105_4a820ceb0a1c6.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2009/8/11 19:28
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Re: Russian Tchaika [means seagull]
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
to: John F. Shireman

Wow, a flathead V12 amazing! But when was the car made (year I mean)?

Posted on: 2009/8/12 0:25
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations. You and your friends must have about cornered the market on Chaikas. Are there many left to find you haven't already got a lead on?

Posted on: 2009/8/17 9:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
to Guscha: your friend has a good nose for this things!
God, he must be really lucky being new a owner of these two Tshaikas!
But one more thing, you had in one of your earlier posts a GAZ-13 with the number GAZ 13. New thats a estonian license plate and the car looks outside like a GAZ 13, but from the inside it has the technic of a 1959? cadillac, the interior is totally, but very nicely rebuilded (not original).

Posted on: 2009/8/17 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
You are right Guscha,I also like more the original GAZ-13.
Actually there was a period of time here 1991-2000 when some people started to rebuilt Soviet cars like Volga and Pobeda so they would look americanized like because they could not get any american cars,
But you have to understand that the transportation of american cars to estonia was restricted at that time, and was not affordable to anyone.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 0:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
What happens to a car if someone install the engine of a Chaika..

Only proves common sense is sometimes absent on both sides of the ocean, but it disappointed me. I halfway expected to hear a loud bang and see something flying.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 10:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
by Guscha: This car should be, the so called "KGB" model GAZ2434 and has a GAZ-13? or ZIL130 like engine (I don't know for sure), but also has the transmission set of a GAZ-13! The GAZ2424 has the engine of the GAZ-13 for sure.'

to HH56: I agree with you 100%

Posted on: 2009/8/20 13:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Looking at this picture that Guscha provided, I have to say there is no logic ore sense in the hole system.
Also when I have repaired Soviet cars,no westerns cars logic seems to adapt, lets say expect the unexpected. If something fells apart then check other near by things to!
If you have something replaced with new parts, it still might not work properly.

PS! There was also a story in National Geographic about the Estonian S.S.R but cant remember wich number it was ore year (must have been late 70s ore 80s issue).

Posted on: 2009/8/21 11:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"To me suchlike photographs proves much more the absence of common sense. "

Not sure what u mean. Are u talking about the Chaika powerd Chevy Nova/Acadian look alike or the Soviet parade????

In either case i'm not sure what common sense is absent.

And Hardtop write:
"Also when I have repaired Soviet cars,no westerns cars logic seems to adapt, lets say expect the unexpected. If something fells apart then check other near by things to!"

Yeah, lets see, Vega, dissappearing tailgates, mustang gas tanks, MoPar e-ignition of the 70's-80 or maybe even MoPar electrics in general from the 1930's up thru the 1980's, Packard V8 oil pumps, various fires caused over the years by eng'ring defects in nearly all EC and US cars, Wheels so flimsy on some 70's cars that the wheel covers fly off going around a turn, ... The list goes on and on and on and on.

I have over 160 hr's of formal GM training at the Gm te-center in Warren Mi. for Opel service management. The Opel is one of the worse hodge podge of parts and assembly i've ever seen.

I'm not defending the Ruskies. BUt the US and EC living in glass houses really should not throw rocks at Russia.

Posted on: 2009/8/21 13:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 21 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved