Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Funny things said to you while driving your Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Had to dig deep to find this thread again, but now that I've been driving it, I've got a couple odd ones. These 2 in one stop for gas this morning.
I'm walking back to car after paying for gas and an old lady asks me if I'm a rich man. I say no. She then says soon you'll have to and pats the car before walking away.
I start pumping gas and an old guy in a huge cadillac pulls up next to me and thanks me for wasting his gas and polluting his air and speeds off before I could reply. Very strange!

Posted on: 2009/8/11 3:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
At the local cruise night I was asked two questions by one middle aged man about my 1947 Super Clipper.
1. Who made Packard?
2. Are you the original owner?
My answer to the 2nd question was "Yes my father bought it for me when I was 3 years old as a birthday present."

Posted on: 2009/8/11 8:21
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

gary
See User information
Not necessarily funny, but I really enjoy the enthusiastic thumbs up I get from people walking on the street as I drive past.

I've had plenty of guys tell me the obligatory "my dad (grandpa, uncle) had a packard while they look on admiringly.

One guy told me he learned to drive in the same car, a Patrician.

And the one I'm not too happy about: I had my car parked at my shop, and when I walked out around it, a guy was sitting in the drivers seat, looking like an excited 8 year old. He saw me coming yet didn't exit the car until I walked up and asked if I could help him. He just said he couldn't help himself, he had to see what it was like sitting in there.....I suppose he coulda asked the man who owns one.....

Posted on: 2009/8/11 8:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
Gary, your a more patient man than i. I put up with stupid crap from people at shows, but the police woulda had to take me away.

Posted on: 2009/8/11 21:38
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Well this past week I had two:

1. A scruffy guy comes up with his son and says he could of bought one of these for $800. He also had no front teeth. Obviously he didn't have the money for either.

2. Got the typical old guy comes up and says I had a car just like yours with sidemounts, a 7 passenger Cadillac. I have a Packard Coupe Roadster. Then I had to listen to him tell me about his car.

Posted on: 2009/8/11 23:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
On one of the very first times I drove my 1955 Caribbean after getting it in August 1973, someone in my small northeastern Michigan hometown called out to me, "Nice Studebaker!"

Posted on: 2009/8/12 0:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I start pumping gas and an old guy in a huge cadillac pulls up next to me and thanks me for wasting his gas and polluting his air and speeds off before I could reply. Very strange!

If someone said that to me I think I'd have to ask them why they are wasting air that I need to breathe.

Posted on: 2009/8/12 3:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
Quote:

If someone said that to me I think I'd have to ask them why they are wasting air that I need to breathe.

If I get time to reply, I usually ask them how long they've been driving and if they drove what they wanted. The answer is always a large amount of years. Then I tell 'em "My turn!" In the above case, the guy already had his window up, waved and was driving off before I could say anything.
My absolute favorites are the people who claim it's my fault that gas is so high. They never stick around for more either. I use less than 10 gal. per week. Bet most are higher.
While I meet a lot of folks with positive things to say, the neg's usually swamp them. Or at least they're more memorable.

Posted on: 2009/8/12 6:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Back when my car was still working, on it's maiden voyage after getting it running, I got several thumbs up. At a stop light, the guy next to me asked if the car was road worthy. He said it didn't look safe to be on the road. Later that day, my brakes went out and I took out my parent's chain link fence. I guess he had a point.

Posted on: 2009/8/16 0:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved