Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 129

r1lark, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: VIN information
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
[quote]
The 2672 denotes a 1953 Cavalier and the 4967 denotes that it is the 2967th Cavalier built (numbering started at 2001). quote]
Did they always start with 2001? My '51 has a body number of 2492 3195. Would that mean it was only the 1,195th model 200 built at that point?

Posted on: 2009/9/12 22:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Did they always start with 2001?

No, it varied over the years, sometimes 1, sometimes 11, sometimes 101 or 1001, but I believe in 1951 the null value was still 2001.

Posted on: 2009/9/12 22:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Owen is correct. The first vehicle in 1951 was 24XX-2001.

Posted on: 2009/9/12 23:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Quote:

OK, your vehicle number (VN, not VIN) is 2672 4967. The 2672 denotes a 1953 Cavalier and the 4967 denotes that it is the 2967th Cavalier built (numbering started at 2001).

OK so to clarify, his is the 2967th Cavalier built, not the 2967th Packard built that year, correct? Each model of car would have a body number with a 2967 indicating the 2967th car of that model, not total production, unless of course they made less than that amount of that model.

Posted on: 2009/9/13 8:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi all. Ok, hope I've got this right. My numbers mean that my Packard is the 966th manufactured of this model for this year, which would probably add up to be built late in the second month or early in the third month of production. Are there any archives to go through? What I'd REALLY like to find (who wouldn't?) is the actual day my car rolled off of the line. Call it OCD or whatever, I just think it would be neat info to know. I've been able to do it with a couple of other vehicles, but they were newer and Ford or Mercury. Thanks for everyone's time and information!!!

Scott

Posted on: 2009/9/13 14:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi again all! I've tried to post some pics of my car so all could see... So far it seems only one has taken. I guess there's something wonky with my computer. Anyway, this question is more specifically for Owen. Do you know what dealerships sold Packards in the northern area of Utah in the 50's? I figure I can find out a lot more info on my car if I can find some archives locally. From the info I've tracked down and the stuff all you grand people out there have given me, it would seem that my car rolled off the line somewhere late December 52-early January 53. Hope to have some more pics soon (I can't seem to get one to take for my "avatar"). Thanks again all!

Scott

Posted on: 2009/9/18 12:54
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

flyntgr
See User information
VIN M602176. What info can you tell me about this car? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/4/9 9:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That's a motor number not a vehicle number (VN); VINs didn't come along until long after Packard was gone. That number corresponds to the 359 cubic inch engine used in the 1954 senior models. The actual vehicle number would be on a stainless steel plate attached to the forward side of the driver's door jamb. Vehicle number format would be 54XX-XXXX.

Scottie - for the moment I've misplaced by dealer list, when I find it I'll identify dealers in Utah - not too many I suspect.

Posted on: 2016/4/9 9:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day flyntgr,
to PackardInfo. I invite you to include your '54 Senior Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2016/4/9 16:20
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Scottie: sorry I can't help you much with Packard dealers in Utah in the 50s. Best I have is this list from 1939; some were no doubt gone postwar and some new ones added. A long shot but I hope it proves helpful.

Attach file:

jpg  (114.00 KB)
177_570aa018d85ea.jpg 957X827 px

Posted on: 2016/4/10 13:49
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved