Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Recognize this? Parts questions on a 23rd series.
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I would imagine that the 644 will work just fine for you. The motors are the same, and as I said that is what they used on the 22nd series cars. They probably just decided to use the newer offering from Carter on the 23rd series.

Posted on: 2007/12/12 22:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I had trouble ordering digital film for my Brownie. The girl at Walmart kept looking at me curiously and then she was pointing me out to other salesclerks??

Attach file:

gif  (24.53 KB)
23_4760bceb055f6.gif 213X154 px

Posted on: 2007/12/13 0:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul E. Gallagher
See User information
If you look at the owner's registry, you'll see I have the same model in the same color. I thought the color was called "Grenedier Maroon" or something like that. Well anyway, I am real new to this too,(bought my car in July , 07) so i'm learning from all your replies and questions.

Posted on: 2007/12/14 22:06
'49 Deluxe Eight - 23rd Series
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

M@Ross
See User information
Thank you for the help the tube does in fact light up the Gem located above the headlights.

The choke controls I have been ordering and recieveing have proven to be incorrect each time. Could be i have to cave and get a whole new carb.

I found a gentleman who is selling a 48 standard 8 as a parts car but, won't part with the parts individual. The price for the whole car was just as bit high for me only needing a bit. If anyone else is interested i'll pass on his Number (CA).

If anyone has a few spare 644 carbs and docent need the choke please drop a line and we can work something out. I'm going to continue trying to find something reasonable on ebay.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 18:48
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim
See User information
My car is a late 1950 model. The carb is available fromhttp://www.packardpartsonline.com/ or www.kanter.com They run like $225 or so. The place in AZ says their carbs are new not rebuilt. Who knows. Anyhow they work and your car should have an automatic choke. Be warned if the choke is missing your core exchange will no be fully credited by any carb seller.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 12:21
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved