Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 84

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 31 »

Re: DO NOT TRUST BTV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
to ty and maintain some semblance of order in this thread, do you have any reasonable solutions? ones based in reality?
<p>From several years ago, which has proven to be extremely reliable.</p>
<p>http://www.1956packardpanther.com/powerbrakes.html</p>
<P>So, I know from where I speak. There are at least 5 other solutions, if you would care to look.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:04
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
Insulting other members and simply condemning the BTV won't solve anything. There is no point in even discussing it if all we are going to do is suggest people park cars when there is no real solution.

<p>No insulting meant. If you and others come into the discussion late without ANY knowledge of solutions that I, Eric, Paul, Keith and a few others have ACTUALLY accomplished with years worth of on-road proof, then educate yourself first.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:11
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mseanowen
See User information
I have looked. I have yet to find one that I can do while stationed on an Army post far from home, and the cost of trying to find someone to do it for me that I could afford on my income is out of the question.
I have rebuilt my BTV system and have yet to experience any trouble with it. I have seen countless such systems work without trouble for years.
If someone designed and sold a kit that could be installed with minimal effort I am sure many of us would buy it. Until then, I am sure many TV systems will continue to roam the highways.

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
I dont see any practical solutions out there made by you or anyone else.

This is turning into yet another treadle vac pissing match, so lets not continue. If the ORIGINAL poster has anything to add on HIS findings, please do so.

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:17
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
I dont see any practical solutions out there made by you or anyone else.

<p>Are you blind or do you just refuse to see? For examples, see Eric's post above. There is nothing exotic about any of these solutions. Some are cheaper than others and some require less engineering. BUT, they all work and all are viable.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
To my mind, of all the solutions Craig's is the most viable as a bolt in and also being least in your face screaming replacement. Paint it black and would be almost invisible. I think the main problem with his is the lack of assist due to the small single stage booster which was what he found that would fit. Those following the discussion for awhile might remember this ultimately took a pedal ratio change to be satisfactory. That particular change and the way it had to be done I don't think would be acceptable to most contemplating a replacement. The question now is how much stronger and longer is the dual booster and would it just require a toe board change to fit or still need a pedal change. Since the Chevy treadlvac replacement uses the dual, am thinking it should be close in boost unless there is a dramatic difference in piston diameter or some other internal detail which muddies the pot.

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/14 21:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 31 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved