Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 240

R H, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard V8 engine mounts.
Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
I have a nos mount it is 1.150 thick rubber

Posted on: 2010/3/6 13:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Many thanks 56 Executive for the measurement.

BTW, i will have to edit my above post about removeing oil pan withOUT removeing the bell housing half.
As it turns out i have a 2wo piece oil pan and had removed the oil pump before removeing the pan. BUT ,the Olds pump sets mush closer to the rear of the pan than OEM pump so MAYBE it is possible to remove pan without removing bellhousing IF OEm pump is used. Don't know. never tried it with OEM pump.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 15:02
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
Hey Packardv8, another edit for your above post:

I'm trrying to figure out how much the engine drops over the years and compression of mounts for throttle valve linkage geometry change and...

since the cross-shaft for the t/v pivots in the brackets mounted on the back of the heads, condition of the mounts will NEVER affect the geometry! in fact, due to the design of the t/v linkage i can't think of anything short of major collision damage that would! if the cross-shaft mounted on the body, then yes i could see mount issues being a factor.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 22:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Yes dragon. u're correct. Most of what i am looking for is any interference between body and other parts of the car that would interfere with any engine/trans parts. Interference that mite occur if engine height changed more than 1/4 inch. On my car the Thottle valve long linkage rod gets real close to a spot welded flange of the body at a point about even with the pasengers toe.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 22:46
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
Agreed, that spot is ALWAYS real close. a problem i have seen time and again,was that if someone had ever pulled the engine or tried to jack it up they ALWAYS bent the linkage cause it hit in that location.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 22:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved