Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: vin help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
There is also a tag that's screwed onto the driver's side of the firewall, near the wiper motor. You can slightly see it in the second pic, and the first pic is a close up example of what you're looking for.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.58 KB)
34_47a2e60e05c13.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (66.42 KB)
34_47a2e68c705cb.jpg 800X608 px

Posted on: 2008/2/1 4:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The tag on the firewall is the Briggs body sequence number, occasionally matching but usually within 20 of the VN. Since Henney conversions started with Briggs bodies, I don't really know if Henney removed them and replaced them with their own, or not -- just never took note. Perhaps the owner of this Executive Sedan will send a picture of that tag and clear that up.

I really enjoy looking at limos but they can be a hard sell as they have a rather narrow appeal. For whatever price guides are worth, the most recent lists the Executive Sedan at $2675 in #5 and $29,000 in #1 condition, about the same for the limo. Even if you did some of the work yourself, it could easily cost 2-3X that to get that car to #2 condition, though certainly not all of us look at a restoration as a cost-recovery venture.

Thanks for the picture of the 53 VN plate, it now appears that 54 was the conversion to the embossed plain stainless one, and it remains a mystery why this executive sedan with a 53 thief-proof and other features has a 54 tag.

Posted on: 2008/2/1 8:54
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The '54 VIN plate is the same style as the '55 and '56 style plate that Eric Posted.

Posted on: 2008/2/1 17:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Vin help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Henney was located in Freeport Ill and went out of business
in January 1955

Owen: It was getting too late for me to post that night to add information about 1953 2650. The 2650 limo had a divider
window of which only 50 were produced. It would be impossible to tell the difference between the 2650 and 2651 with out a glance at the interior. In 1954 the body number for the limo with divider window was 5450 and 35 was the total production. The production number for the 5451 with out divider window was 65.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/2/3 21:26
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
Is that limo under hi-way 89 sign for sale??????????Interested buyer

Posted on: 2008/2/7 19:03
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
Would this bastard car be for sale. I am interested buyer in Tennessee? Thanks, Let me know

Posted on: 2008/2/7 19:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Heatherdef, you had asked in your series of posts if Henney still exists, and I didn't see that anyone had responsed. The answer is "no", but you'll find a very concise and interesting history of Henney at www.coachbuilt.com/ , page down to the listing of professional coachbuilders and click on Henney.

Posted on: 2008/2/9 16:51
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
so.. my vin is 2662-xxxx .. looking at this website.. that would mean i have a '53 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan, with a 327 motor.. i was looking at these forums before.. and found a post that said something about the 327 and the 288 having the same head.. (ofcourse i cant find it now).. the reason i'm asking is because my motor says 288 on the head.. and i'm just wondering if it was swapped.. or if i have a 327 that just says 288 on the head.. does this make sense?

-Drake

Posted on: 2008/2/28 17:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
288 and 327 cylinder heads are interchangeable (though with a change in compression ratio). So perhaps the head on your engine was changed for some reason, or perhaps you don't have a 327 engine. Just check the engine number to ascertain this.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
[quote]
Drake wrote:....I have a '53 [url="https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=142"]Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan[/url,-Drake[/quote

Drake,

Welcome to the site and thanks for adding your '53 to the Owner Registry. In the side-on pic in the registry it looks to be sitting pretty low.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 21:28
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved