Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Do you have a daily driver Packard?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i drive mine in my head every day....does that count? LOL!

Posted on: 2010/8/13 13:24
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

portlandon wrote:
AMWOO's car is a custom chassis Packard.

or is it a custom bodied Dodge Dakota? Whatever it is he seems to be having fun and that's what it is all about.

Posted on: 2010/8/13 13:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

koolkojak
See User information
gentlemen, as i take to this website strictly for trumpeting purposes,

i am proud to annoucnce that i drive my 51 200 Touring Sedan Deluxe daily

she purrs (real loud)
original Packard powerplant
inline 288

always get lots of thumbs ups, and
the holllywood homeless community is known to inquire

"Is that a Packard?"
u know it pops ! prestige on wheels

Attach file:

jpg  (170.05 KB)
2305_4c6590eb0eb9c.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2010/8/13 13:37
1951 Packard 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
53' Cavalier! I don't drive her daily, but I do take her out 2-3 times a week (all told less than 50 miles). As per my other posts, the biggest problem I have had is with fuel delivery and such, however, I believe that I have those problems sorted out. EVERY time I take her out, I get comments (usually by guys, gals just don't seem to care unless you are driving something RACY!) Be glad, happy and honored that you have a driveable Packard! Welcome!

Scott

Posted on: 2010/8/13 21:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Duane Gunn
See User information
I own a 55 Clipper Custom. In Phoenix, AZ I added a 5 row radiator, a Chrysler 318 mechanical fuel pump (that bolts in) and a Chrysler 727 transmission. In 8 years I drove it 40,000 miles. Yes I have had some troubles, but I expect that. I just drove from Phoenix to LA and back in January. I do own modern cars but even in the heat I enjoy my Packard more and I find I am smiling while driving my Packard. I don't have AC, a stereo nor cupholders, but I am smiling. It used to be a daily driver, and enjoyed it every time. Of course I even let my kids drive my 55 to Prom, by themselves. Go ahead and enjoy it. I have scratches on my doors and the top of the back seat is fading fast from the harsh sun here in AZ but I'm driving it and going to car cruises twice a month, I'd go more often but I work every Friday night.
Go for it. I get lots of thumbs up, I hear horns honking and see a wave. People come up to me at car cruises to tell me they have seen the car driving in town and they love seeing it. So drive your Packard, it is fun.

Attach file:

jpg  (62.30 KB)
1632_4c6609d6d5ee6.jpg 843X632 px

Posted on: 2010/8/13 22:12
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

A man who owns one!
See User information
Well!?! Thats a good one... So your saying if we put californias governer in a dress and lipstick, it's still californias governer. I got ya. But it does say Packard on it, it does look like a packard, and like we always say packard was way ahead of it's time.....Well if I put a 350 in a mustang isn't it still a mustang? I think ya got me there. I'm goin'a keep callin' it one, but I'm not going to disagree with ya'. I've always introduced it as my "Pac-Rat" , and that's the tag I ordered.

Posted on: 2010/8/14 7:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
My car isn't driven daily and it isn't particularly racy. But, I do drive to shows. I drove to a small one in Illinois a couple of years ago. When the trophies were being given out. At the announcement of my class, a gentleman I had never met, who's car was next to mine, said you've been robed. Then the three top awards were being announced and My car was awarded "Ladies Choice". I don't know, maybe it's just a topless thing.
This is my car.

Attach file:

jpg  (105.76 KB)
462_4c674f79dd187.jpg 1050X698 px

Posted on: 2010/8/14 21:23
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
I don't have a daily driver but I drive one of our 4 Packards often. Dave, that's the way we give out awards in Illinois. We save the best for last. We had a similar experience with our 47 taxi. My wife went to register the car while I was dusting it off and came back very upset and wanted to go home. She said we would have to compete in the hot rod class because they said Packard did not build taxis.I showed them the brochure from Packard of the taxi and they put us in the original class. When they passed out the awards the other three cars in our class all won a trophy and my wife was almost in tears. I told her that was what happened when you made the officials mad, you don't win. At the end of the awards we were presented the best of show award and I made my wife go to pick up the trophy.
All is well that ends well.

Posted on: 2010/8/14 22:04
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

StraightEights&Aces
See User information
I drive mine whenever I can. It's a good thing there is a car show or cruise-in going on almost everyday.

Attach file:

jpg  (107.11 KB)
1803_4c7581f0c0a78.jpg 1280X610 px

Posted on: 2010/8/25 15:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
It's not a daily driver, I have a modern BrandX, but every Friday I drive it to work. Bob Kehoe a writer for eBay motors saw it in our parking lot and left his card.

http://www.ebay.com/motors/blog/in-use-as-daily-driver-1940-packard-160-super-8-convertible/

Posted on: 2015/11/19 10:43
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved