Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
34 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Were any performance parts ever made/sold for the V-8?
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
mallory made a hi-po distributer for the packard equipped golden hawks. and they will still build you one.

Posted on: 2010/9/29 22:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
mallory made a hi-po distributer for the packard equipped golden hawks. and they will still build you one.
Do we have a citation, a catalog or a contact person? When I tried to follow up with this at Mallory, the sales department knew nothing about how to order a Packard V8 distributor.

jack vines

Posted on: 2010/9/30 0:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
mistake #1 NEVER talk to the sales dept at Mallory! i got the same reaction! so i demanded to talk to the tech guys. same reaction. so i asked if there was some one there that had been there more than 30 years and they transfered me to an actual machinest. i told him what i was looking for. "yes i remember those. let me see if i can find the blue prints and i'll call you back" i told him i had a copy of the e-bay listing i could e-mail him, and i did.
the next day he called me and said "i found the blue-prints, check your e-mail you have a message regarding how to order one." and i recieved this:

Flag this messageMallory HelpDesk Ticket #178241Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:35 PM

From: "Mallory Tech Support" <mallorytech@mrgasket.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: packardman5647@yahoo.com

Mallory HelpDesk #178241 for Mallory
Date/Time: 8/7/2008 8:35:13 PM
----------------------------------------------------

Your Mallory technical support request was successfully received

Your ticket number is 178241
We will answer your question on a first come - first serve basis. Questions will be answered Monday thru Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.

You will receive an email when this issue is answered.

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email.

Thank You,

Mallory Support Team

so i called with the ticket number and discussed some upgrades like adding the "unilite" electronic system, the ability to use the "crab" type distributor cap and some other things.

" we'll ask the machinest and e-mail you back" then i got this one.

Mallory Tech Support Ticket Response
Date/Time: 8/25/2008 3:42:15 PM
----------------------------------------------------

A Mallory technical support representative has responded to your tech support request

Your ticket number is 178241
Please refer to this number when calling or emailing Technical Support
Please click on or paste the link below to view the response.

http://www.malloryperformance.com/AskTechResults.aspx?BrandID=6&ID=178241

Thank You,

Mallory Technical Support Team
mallorytech@mrgasket.com

so i called again. " we can make that for you with your upgrades no problem! just call with your ticket numbers when your ready to order Thanks!

i have not orderd it yet life got in the way. but when this thread popped up i called and asked if it was still
do-able "yep just let us know when to start"

and i still have the print copy of the e-bay listing somewhere jack. when i find it (i have moved since this) i send you a copy.

Posted on: 2010/10/9 14:34
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved